Lessons learnt in promoting economic development in the East of England May 2011
- 1 -
Lessons learnt in promoting economicdevelopment in the East of England –
a toolkit for economic development practitioners
1. Foreword - page 022. Context - page 03
Background to EEDA’s economic development role and thecontext in which lessons have arisen.
3. Prioritisation and investment planning - page 04
Approaches to determining economic development prioritiesand what to invest in.
4. Project management - page 17
Overview of lessons learnt in supporting investmentsand activities.
5. Project delivery - page 32
How to make delivery work on the ground and common pitfallsto avoid.
6. Evaluation - page 41
Overview of the key findings from evaluations of EEDAinvestment based around key themes – physical regeneration,business competitiveness, and people and skills.
- available on the EEDA website
- List of useful research and data sources
- Programme business case
- Logic chain for the economicparticipation programme
- Strategic investment model
- Project management guidance and links
- Project concept form
- Business case template
- How to appraise a small project
- State Aid diagram
- Case study of options analysis:Harlow College
- EEDA Head of Terms contract
- List of evaluation reports
- Additionality definitions