different Piers tHrougH tHe years
Wharf No. 1- 1889-1915 – Made of iron and wood, its main function was toaid in timber delivery from ships and trains. It was destroyed by a storm. Wharf No. 2- 1895-1920 – Constructed in the shape of a Y, with oneside divided for railroad tracks and the other for fishermen andtourists, it was greatly damaged in 1919 by a storm and later torn
down for safey reasons.
Wharf No. 3- 1903-1926 – Used by the lumber industry until 1923, the pier was demolished a few years later as the industry was phased out.Endless/Pleasure Pier- 1916-1928- Built by George W. Harding, the pierhad two 450 foot long legs that formed into the shape of a V. Damaged bya storm in 1919, it was later condemned.Monstad Pier- 1925-Present- Built by Captain Hans. C Monstad withthe idea of it being used for shing and boating, the pier was originally300 feet long. In 1983, it was connected to the central platform of the
Horseshoe Pier- 1929-1988- A wooden pier built after the demolition of the Endless/Pleasure Pier, it was later battered by two winter storms andthen burned to the waterline in 1988 due to an electrical short circuit.Municipal Pier- 1995-Present- Announcing its reconstruction in 1993, therestored pier is 70,000 square feet in size and sits 25 feel above the water.