Code No: R05320301
Set No. 1
III B.Tech Supplimentary Examinations, Aug/Sep 2008
( Common to Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering and
Time: 3 hours
Max Marks: 80
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
\u22c6 \u22c6 \u22c6 \u22c6 \u22c6
1. State and explain in detail the \ufb01ve levels in Maslow\u2019s need hierarchy.
2. (a) What is \u2018Organisation structure\u2019 ?
(b) Explain the di\ufb00erent methods of structuring an organisation.
3. (a) What are the broad objectives of a good plant layout?
(b) Explain clearly the important factors that in\ufb02uence the layout decision. [8+8]
4. (a) De\ufb01ne the term \u2018work study\u2019 and state its objectives.
(b) What bene\ufb01ts do you derive from work study.
5. (a) What are the broad objectives of materials manager in a manufacturing or-
(b) How do you apply system concept as a materials manager in an organisation?
6. A manufacturing company is planning to introduce a new product commercially.
The list of activities to be carried out with the corresponding duration of time in
weeks is listed below.
Market information preparation
Draw the network to represent various activities of the project, determine the min-
imum duration of the project.
7. (a) De\ufb01ne \u2018Quality\u2019 and explain the factors that in\ufb02uence the quality of a product.
(b) Discuss the importance of quality in the changing techno economic scenario.
1 of 2