1. The axis system associated with an airplane may be explained with a sketch. Now explain the equilibrium of forces and moments acting on the airplane, illustrated with sketches and plots. How are these forces and moments controlled?
3. Describe the occurrence of hinge moments on the horizontal tail from the pressure distribution due to angle of attack\u03b1 and the de\ufb02ections\u03b4e and\u03b4t from elevator and tab. Hence de\ufb01ne the terms \u2019\ufb02oating tendency and restoring tendency\u2019. Describe ways and means to alleviate or control these hinge moments.
5. Explain the term Dihedral E\ufb00ect. How does it a\ufb00ect the lateral stability of airplane? Consider an airplane with wigs having positive dihedral. Hence illustrate that such a wing experiences rolling moments due to side slipping.
6. Consider swept-back wing and examine and analyze its directional stability. Ob- tain an expression describing (Cn\u03b2)wing and hence prove that sweep-back produces positive directional stability and sweep- fwd produces negative directional stability.
Describe the coe\ufb03cients of the variables . Assume that there is no damping, no variation in angle of attack, no inertia and no airplane drag. Hence obtain the simpli\ufb01ed equations of motion and suggest a method to extract frequency and time period and time to half the amplitude of the oscillations.
1. Describe the concept of stability associated with an airplane? Explain di\ufb00erent modes making the airplane depart from stability and then its return to the cruise condition. Make use of sketches and plots.
2. Establish from the basic equation of momentsCmc.g developed for an airplane with wing-aft-tail combination that elevator is the longitudinal control for such con\ufb01gu- ration. Now de\ufb01ne the terms elevator e\ufb00ectiveness and elevator power. Hence show that a plot of elevator angle\u03b4e v/sCL leads to the expression\u03b4e =\u03b4e0 +d\u03b4e
3. De\ufb01ne the terms \u2019\ufb02oating tendency and restoring tendency\u2019. What is \ufb02oating of a control surface? Describe ways and means to alleviate or control these hinge moments by an arrangement known asTrim tab.
5. Prove that an airplane with swept back wing produces left rolling moments when it meets right side-slip i.e. it produces positive dihedral e\ufb00ect i.e\u2212Cl\u2032 \u03b2. Make use of sketches and plots in this respect.
6. Explain the Weather Cock stability of an airplane with illustrations. What is the contribution of wing, fuselage, power unit and empennage to this phenomenon? Make use of sketches and plots. Hence describe the stability criterion.
7. The characteristic equation of dynamic longitudinal stability of an airplane was obtained as below;A\u03bb4 +B\u03bb3 +C\u03bb2 +D\u03bb +E = 0 , where A = 1 ,B = 4 ,C = 10 ,D = 1.0 , E = 3.8 . Work out the period,N1/2 andt1/2of the phugoid oscillations.Provide the basis of your recognizing the oscillation to be as such. 
Now bringing you back...
Does that email address look wrong? Try again with a different email.