m a d e
Nu rs ing
21quick,easy waysto rememberimportantclinical facts
1. To remember the difference between
focus onthe preﬁxes …
as in thetranscontinental railroad
as in exhale.
2. To remember the difference between
think of jogging …
When you jog, an aerobic activity, yourbody needs oxygen, or air—
meansoxygen is required.
means without oxygen.
3. To remember what allergies to ask yourpatient about before a CT scan thatrequires contrast medium, think of
ontrast media (prior sensitive reaction).
4. To remember the signs and symptomsof a hypersensitivity reaction to contrastmedia, think
5. To remember what to assess whenevaluating a skin lesion, think of
A, B, C, D
for color and conﬁguration
for diameter and drainage.
6. To remember that
are cells inthe eyes that respond to color, think of brightly colored
cones.7. To remember which direction to movethe syringe when you want to slow downthe ﬂow through the tube, think of …
lower is slower, or …
8. To remember the meaning of myasthenia
9. To remember the progression of
think of …
ssault to the pulmonary system
ecreased lung compliance
evere respiratory failure.
10.To remember the progression of signs and symptoms of Lyme disease,remember
esions, lymph node swelling, like the ﬂu (Stage 1)
nnervation problems, such as meningitis andperipheral neuropathy (Stage 2)
ovement problems, such as arthritis (Stage 3)
verything else, such as myocarditis andarrhythmia (Stage 3).