Dust Mites are arachnids not visible by the naked eye that feed on flakes on dead humanskin. Mites do not bite humans or spread disease but rather allergy is triggered by the materialin the stool of dust mites. They are usually found indoors with high humidity (warm and damp).They are also found in carpets, bed sheets, pillows, mattresses and box springs, furniture andstuffed animals. They decrease in number when temperature decreases and at high altitude.
Animal dander is loose skin cells from animals which contain secretion from glands inthe animal’s skin. These skin cells floats in the air where they may be breathed in by people.The animal fur or hair is not an allergen, there might be dried saliva onto the hair that causesthe allergy.
Pollens cause allergic reaction. These pollens are tiny that comes from plants (trees,grasses, ragweed, etc.). The amount of pollen in the air plays a role in developing allergicreaction. There is likely increased amounts of pollen in hot, dry and windy days, while adecreased amount during cool, damp and rainy days.
According to an article by deShazo and Kemp, the spores coming from molds can be atrigger in releasing the symptoms of allergic rhinitis. Also, according to them, molds thrives indamp environments such as air-conditioning vents, water traps, refrigerator drip trays, shower stalls, leaky sink and damp basements if not cleaned regularly and under certain conditions, thegrowth of these organisms can be considerable and exacerbate allergy symptoms.
Sinceallergic rhinitis is difficult to cure, the focus is on preventing the attack of the symptoms. Moldsare seen as cotton-like element that is usually in the color of gray, green, black or white. Thesemolds produce strong earthy and musty odors, although some are odor-free. The smell could bean indication of infection.
Many different triggers that may cause a student to experience symptoms of asthma andallergy are found inside a typical classroom. These triggers include the pollens from the plantsfound near or inside a classroom, dust mites and mold spores. The cleanliness of the room mayalso play a factor in triggering the allergic reactions. The students themselves may also carryallergens produced by their pet cats or dogs that may be attached to their clothes and theseallergens can be in contact with the students with asthma or allergy. Chalk dusts are alsousually the causes of allergic reactions inside the classroom since the teachers usually usechalks for writing on the green boards.
Chalk dusts are particles produced when a chalk crayon is used to write on chalkboards.These usually remain suspended in the air because these particles are not so heavy so as aresult, teachers and students usually inhale small amount of these and become trapped in themucous layers of the throat and upper lungs. This does not usually pose a threat to normal persons because the accumulated chalk dust is naturally expelled out through coughing and theremaining chalk dust is safely absorbed by the body. However, in persons with chronic breathing issues or allergic rhinitis these chalk dust can irritate their upper respiratory tract andtrigger their symptoms and can be dangerous for the person who inhaled the chalk dust.
Cockroaches are recognized as powerful indoor allergena. They are among the oldestliving species residing the earth. These creatures are hardy and adaptable that thrives in areas3