THE DIVINITY OF CHRIST.
The Alpha and the Omega; The Beginningand the End; The First and the Last.
1. Is Christ set forth as a divine being in Holy Writ?"But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God is forever and ever. . . . God, even thy God hathanointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows."
2. Did Christ exist before He was manifested in the flesh?"And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory
which I had with theebefore the world was." Verse 5.
3. By what agency was His incarnation effected?"And the angel answered and said unto her,
(the Holy Ghost (Spirit) shall come upon thee:
therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God."
4. Did His incarnation annul His divinity?"
God was manifest in the flesh,
justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles,believed on in the world, received up into glory."
5. How does Christ himself speak of His relation to His Father?"I and my Father are one."
6. How does He show what He means by being 'one with the Father'?"And now I am no more in the world, but these
are in the world and I come toThee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me,
that they may be one, as we are. John 17:11,12.
One in purpose, spirit, work, etx. And the same is true of thosewho have truly learned of Christ.7. How was He manifested on earth as a Saviour?"
For unto you is born this day in the city of David, a Saviour,
which is Christ the Lord."
Luke2:10,11. "And the word was made flesh,
and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the gloryas of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."
8. Why was he thus made known?"Wherefore in all things it behooved Him to be made like unto His brehren, that He might be amerciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God,
to make reconciliation for the sins of the people." Hebrews 2:17.