I.NLE PRACTICE TEST III
A client is admitted with Wernicke's encephalopathy. The nurse anticipatesthat the first physician's order will include:
a. Ordering an MRI b. Administering a steroid medication, such as Decadronc.
Giving thiamine 100 mg IM STAT
d. Ordering an EEG
2. Which of the following statements, if made by a four year old child whosebrother just died of cancer, would be age-appropriate?
a. "I know i will never see my mother again." b. "I'm glad my mother isn't crying anymore."c.
"I can't wait to go get pizza with my brother."
d. "i know where my brother is buried."
3. A patient who has AIzheimer's disease is told by the nurse to brush his teeth.He shouts angrily, "Tomato soup!" Which of the following actions by the nursewould be correct?
a. Focusing on the emotional reaction b. Clarifying the meaning of his statementc.
Giving him step-by-step directions
d. Doing the procedure for him
4. A nurse should teach a patient who is taking chlorpromazine (Thorazine) toavoid:
Exposure to the sun
b. Swimming in a chlorinated poolc. Drinking fluids high in sodiumd. Eating foods such as chocolate and aged cheese
5. In caring for a psychotic patient who is experiencing hallucinations, which of the following interventions is considered critical?
a. Setting fewer limits in order to allow for more expressions of feeling b. M
aintaining constant observation.
c. Providing more frequent opportunities for interaction with others.d. Constantly negating the patient's hallucinatory Ideations.
6. A 22-year-old client is being admitted with a diagnosis of brief psychotic