INTRODUCTIONThis summary is about visible thinking, what is visible thinking, how does it workin the classroom, the thinking routines etc. You can know all related and themost important of the visible thinking.CONTENTFirst we have to know about visible thinking. Visible thinking is a flexible andsystematic research-based approach to integrating the development ofstudents' thinking with content learning across subject matters. Visible Thinkinghas a double goal: on the one hand, to cultivate students' thinking skills anddispositions, and, on the other, to deepen content learning.
Who is it for?
Visible Thinking is for teachers, school leaders andadministrators in K - 12 schools who want to encourage the development of aculture of thinking in their classrooms and schools.How does it work in the classroom?At the core of Visible Thinking are practices that help make thinking visible:
loosely guide learners' thought processes and encourageactive processing.
A routine can be thought of as any procedure, process, orpattern of action that is used repeatedly to manage and facilitate theaccomplishment of specific goals or tasks.The Routine cover the following aspects of thinking:
THINK / PUZZLE / EXPLORE
- A routine that sets the stage for deeper inquiry
THINK /PAIR /SHARE /ROUTINE
- A routine for active reasoning andexplanation.
SEE / THINK / WONDER
- A routine for exploring works of art and otherinteresting things.
I USED TO THINK…, BUT NOW I
- A routine for reflecting on howand why our thinking has changed.
CIRCLE OF VIEWPOINTS ROUTINE
- A routine for exploring diverseperspectives.
- A routine for examining propositions E excited WWorrisome N need to know S = Stance or Suggestion for Moving Forward
WHAT MAKES YOU SAY THAT?
- Interpretation with Justification Routine