The purpose of this document is to describe the SAP R/3 Landscape and Client Strategy for<customer>. The document outlines the R/3 systems and SAP clients that are defined, and describestheir purpose.
- The System Landscape consists of all R/3 systems that share acommon transport directory.
- An R/3 System consists of a central database server and the application serversattached to this central server.
SAP System Identification (SAPSID)
- The SAPSID is a unique three character code thatidentifies the R/3 System.
- A Client is a legal and organisational entity in an R/3 System whose businessmanagement is protected against unlawful access. In addition a Client:
Has its own set of user data.
Is a logical system with separate master records.
Has its own set of table entries keyed by client.
- Methods in the R/3 System with which SAP's functionality is configured andtailored to fit an organisations needs.
- Utilising the SAP development tool set to create SAP reports, interfaces,conversion programs and enhancements.
SAP LandscapePage 3