The utilization of the nursing process in the different levels of clientele-individuals,
families, population groups and communities, concerned with the promotion of health,
prevention of disease and disability and rehabilitation.
1. The community is the patient in CHN, the family is the unit of care and there are four levels of clientele: individual, family, population group (those who share common characteristics, developmental stages and common exposure to health problems \u2013 e.g. children, elderly), and the community.
society, in general
4. The goal of CHN is achieved through multi-sectoral efforts
5. CHN is a part of health care system and the larger human services system.
Stage II \u2013 Early Child Bearing Family(0-30 months old)
TASK: emphasize the importance of pregnancy & immunization & learn the concept
Stage V - Family with Teen Agers (13-25yrs old)
TASK: Parents to learn the concept of \u201clet go system\u201d and understands the
Stage VII -Family with Middle Adult parents (36-60yrs old)
TASK: provide a healthy environment, adjust with a new lifestyle and adjust with the
A process by which the nurse collects data about the community in order to
identify factors which may influence the deaths and illnesses of the population, to
formulate a community health nursing diagnosis and develop and implement
community health nursing interventions and strategies.
2. preparation of the community
3. statement of the objectives
4. determine the data to be collected
5. identify methods and instruments for data collection
6. finalize sampling design and methods
7. make a timetable
1. data collection
2. data organization/collation
3. data presentation
4. data analysis
5. identification of health problems
6. priority zation of health problems
7. development of a health plan
8. validation and feedback
2. Population composition * Age Distribution * Sex Ratio
* Median age - age below which 50% of the population fall and above
which 50% of the population fall. The lower the median
age, the younger the population (high fertility, high death rates).
* Other characteristics:
- occupational groups
- economic groups
- educational attainment
- ethnic group
Now bringing you back...
Does that email address look wrong? Try again with a different email.