There was a problem sending you an sms. Check your phone number or try again later.
We've sent a link to the Scribd app. If you didn't receive it, try again.
1. Think about the purpose of this program. (To help improve their English Speaking Skills)
2. Study each Question Type well.
3. Know your student\u2019s ability and skill.
4. Think of interesting points to give them and help them improve.
5. Make sure you correct their pronunciation/intonation/accent and grammar.
6. As a teacher it is very important to speak well; so you will be credible in the eyes of your student.
-Briefly ask a question about the picture.
-Talk about the purpose of the text. (Passage)
-Let them read the passage.
-Make some corrections and show them how certain words are pronounced.
-Towards the end of the class make sure you check the model response in Response Focus with your
student; so you can show your student how the passage is supposed to be read.
-Let your student make some sentences using the key words/phrases that are printed in blue.
-If needed, define words/phrases.
-Do a dialogue with your student and let them fill in the blanks.
-Let the student read the passage.
-briefly explain what the \u2018markers\u2019 mean. (check: slight pause, a slash: full pause, a dot: word stress, a
highlighted word: Korean\u2019s common error)
-ask extension questions that are related to the topic. (ex: When you travel, what are some of your favorite
-This is a review for the Mini Test. (make sure that your student understands this part)
-Let the student read the words from the box
-correct the student and make sure you are pronouncing it clearly.
-go through the dialogue with your student.
-Make sure you make the instructions clear.
-Don\u2019t forget to time your student.
-Remember the evaluation criteria: Pronunciation/Intonation/Stress
-If the student is having a hard time, let them read it one sentence at a time.
-Review your student\u2019s response.
-make some corrections
-Ask some extension questions before ending the class.
The question type for the day is DESCRIBE A PICTURE. Keep in mind that the purpose of this
question type is to develop the student's pronunciation. intonation, grammar, vocabulary, to make
them create coherent sentences.
Think about the Mini Test because this is very important for your students to do well in. If you need to give an example before the Mini Test use the one on Response Focus as a model response or simply create your own sentences to help motivate your students.
Topic: Unit 3 Honeymoon Hotspots
Question Type: Respond to Questions
Objective: Pronunciation/Grammar/Relevance of Content/ Completeness of Content
1. Make sure you are prepared to rephrase the questions that are provided.
2. They can use the answers provided or they can answer on their own.
3. Make sure before the class that you've already read through the model
make sure you keep it simple or use the answers in Response Focus.
5. Let the student come up with their own sentences using the expressions.
6. Never forget to correct them.
7. Make sure you give clear instructions for the Mini Test.
8. There are three response times. It means that each given time is
Now bringing you back...
Does that email address look wrong? Try again with a different email.