Site Title: America Responds \u2013 Classroom Resources
Site URL:http: //ww w. pbs.org/americaresp onds/theamericanfla g.ht ml
proper display of the flag. Discuss how the American Flag has played a
part in recent events. Then choose one or more of the American Flag
activities for wearing, sharing, or displaying.
Site Title:Ben\u2019s Guide to U.S. Government for Kids
Site URL:http: //bensguide.gpo.gov /k-2/s ymbols/ flag.html
Site Title: U.S. Flag Timeline: A History of Old Glory
Site URL:http: //ww w. fact monster.co m/spot/flagdaytimeline 1.ht ml
Site Title: Fort McHenry: Birthplace of Our National Anthem
Site URL:http://www.bcpl.net/~eto wner/anthe m.html
Site Title: Bald Eagles
Site URL:http: //ww w. enchantedlearning.co m
Site Title: The White House
\ue000The students in my class will take turns reading over this information.
\ue000They will color a picture of the White House.
\ue000To conclude the lesson they will use the site to answer questions on a
1. What is the capital city of the USA?
2. What is the address of the White House?
3. Who won the 1792 architectural design competition to design the
4. When was the White House originally built?
5. When did the White House burn down?
6. Who burned it down?
7. Who was the first US President to live in the White House?
8. When was the White House completely remodeled, making it
Site Title: Symbols of U.S. Government: The Liberty Bell and Liberty Bell
questions using the two sites as a guide to complete the quiz:
1. Where and what year was the bell originally cast?
2. What was the original name for the bell and around what year was
Site Title: Statue of Liberty
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?