"I believe God exists, but how do I know that the Bible
was inspired by God?" is a good question. It comes
from a spiritually maturing mind that is seriously and
sincerely seeking to know the answer. For such seekers,
this Bible study guide outline was prepared.
JOHN 17:17 "Your [God, the Father's] word is truth."
II TIMOTHY 3:16 "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God...."
1. If the Bible is the word of God, then its statements must be true. Do you agree?
2. If one can find a verse that is not true, then it must not be inspired by God. Do you
were written and when scientists came to the same conclusion.
a. The earth is round. Isaiah 40:22
b. The Water Cycle. Job 36:27-28; Ecclesiastes 1:6-7; 11:3; Amos 9:6
c. There are warm and cold ocean currents. Psalm 8:8
d. The earth is held in place by an invisible force. Job 26:7
e. Human blood is the same among all races and nations. Acts 17:26
f. Quarantining patients with contagious disease is a vital practice. Leviticus 13:46
g. Sanitary disposal of human waste. Deuteronomy 23:12-13.
2. How do you explain that these Bible writers were able to record accurate scientific
2. Other cultures have legends and historical records similar to the biblical account of
stories concerning all mankind (for example, creation, Noachian flood, Tower of Babel).
What does this fact imply about the Bible\u2019s veracity?
1. Do men make specific predictions about the future? How often has any man's
prophecies been right? Is only God powerful enough to make His prophecies always
the writer may have only been making an educated guess about the future?
3. Compare the following prophecies with history:
a. Kingdom of Edom and its capitol, Petra -- Isaiah 34; Jeremiah 49; Ezekiel 25,35
b. Cities of Ashkelon and Gaza -- Jeremiah 47; Amos 1; Zephaniah 2; Zechariah 9
c. City of Samaria -- Hosea 13; Micah 1
What is the probability that each of these prophecies was fulfilled entirely by chance?
LUKE 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He [Jesus] expounded to them
Now bringing you back...
Does that email address look wrong? Try again with a different email.