Write a 650- to 800-word paper on your personal ethics development that examines your personal ethical system and ground rules, including its origins and development. Focuson the developmental aspect of your ethics rather than on a particular position on anyissue. Define your underlying ethical system, its primary principles, the sources thathelped shape your ethics-such as people, institutions, events, and so forth-and the criteriaand decision-making factors you used to revise them. Discuss the potential effect of your ethics on your performance or use of them in your workplace using a personal example.
The deep impact of personal ethics on behavior and personality
Personal ethics affect all areas of life and life style and have a profound impact onrelationship, family, business and finances. Development of personal ethics is based onsurrounding environment of an individual as well as on his thoughts and psychology.Education, family environment, society all contribute in varying proportions to give anindividual his character and moral standing. There are various factors and sources whichcontribute to the all-round ethical development of a person
- your religion has a major effect on your understanding of environment.Every religion lays basic guidelines for its followers to adapt and follow in life. Thosewho adhere to the core values of their religion believe that they are acting in an ethicalway. People also conduct ethical behavior so that they can be rewarded in their after lives. Hence religion can also be a major motivation behind ethical behavior.
- the culture of your society has the major impact on your ethical behavior. Anindividual learns from his society throughout life and any ethical development can onlycome from societal development and vice-versa. Ethical development of the society andthe individual occur simultaneously. Not long ago, racial discrimination was a widelyconducted practice in many parts of the world. People carried unethical behavior of racialdiscrimination without even knowing that they are doing something wrong. This was because the society did not punish the unethical behavior and individuals took things asthey are. The caste practices are still followed in many parts of India. Therefore culturehas the most profound impact on personal behavior and ethical conduct.
3. Personal experiences and emotions
- people learn throughout life and the experiencesthey have gained have a great impact on their personal ethical conduct. Many people whoare against death penalty find themselves supporting it after their loved one is killed by arobber or in an accident. Hence emotions also contribute to your personal ethics. Peoplewho are born in war torn country abhor violence of all kinds. This is because they getfirst hand experience of the torture and killings.
- an educated individual is more aware of his rights as well as of his ethicalstanding in the society. Education also dwells deep understanding of various positive andnegative aspects of the surroundings in an individual. An educated person is more awareof his thoughts and actions and can control them with more ease. Hence education isimportant for developing high ethical conduct. It develops the feeling of guilt, shame and pride in an individual and grooms him into a well developed and respected citizen of thesociety who spreads good ethics in the society.