EXAMINATION, 2004 (HISTORY OF U.S.A.)
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS MAXIMUM MARKS: 100 NOTE: Attempt any FIVE questions in
all, including QUESTION No.8 which is COMPULSORY. All questions carry EQUAL marks.
impact of this decision on the United States.
3. What are the Salient features of Andrew Jackson's Presidency and Democracy?
4. Account for America's emergence as an imperialist -colonialist power after 1898.
5. Woodrow Wilson had said, "We had a chance to gain the leadership for the world. We have lost it, and
7. Write short but analytical notes on any TWO of the following:
(a) Progressive Movement.
(b) Watergate Scandal.
(c) President F.D. Roosevelt.
(d) Issue of Slavery in America.
plunge into the World Wars.
4. Describe Pan-Americanism with special reference to Latin American Republics.
5. J.F. Kennedy was many men. He was a statesman and politician. Analyze his domestic reforms.
6. What are the sources of government Revenues and Funds in U.S.A.? Is it true to say that the Americans
pay taxes for civilized society?
7. Write short notes on any TWO of the following:
(a) Dollar Diplomacy (b) Cold War
(c) Eisenhower Doctrine (d) U - 2 Incident
8. Write only the correct answers in the Answer Book. Don\u2019t reproduce the questions.
(1) America was named after:
(a) Christopher Columbus ((by Amerigo Vespucci (c) Ferdinand Magellan
(2) How many British Colonies declared independence from England in 1776 to form the United States?
(a)13 (b) 20 \u2018 (c) 51
(3) The Boston Tea Incident took place in:.
(a) 1770 1773 (c) 1789
(4) California was settled most rapidly after_____________ was discovered in 1848:
(a) gold (b) coal (c) natural gas
(5)With which country U.S.A. signed the rush-Bagot Treaty?
(a) Britain (b) France (c) spain
(6) who succeeded president Abraham Lincoln?
(a) Ulysses S. Grant (b) Martin Van Buren (c) Andrew Johns
Alaska was purchased from Russia in:
(a) 1857 (b) 1867 (c) 1901
Susan B. Anthony was an outspoken advocate of:
(a) Women\u2019s rights (b) Anti Slavery Movement (c) Transcendentalism
Ku Klux Klan was organized in the state of:
(a) New Jersey (b) Florida (c) Tennessee
Who were carpetbaggers?
The number of members of American Senate is:
(a) 55 (b) 100 (c) 300
Who was Henry A. Kissinger?
The Camp David is located in:
(a) Maryland (b) Louisiana (c0 Texas
Which American President received the Nobel Prize for peace in 1906?
(a) Andrew Jackson (b) Harry S. Truman (c) Theodore Roosevelt
Richard Nixon made a trip to Beijing in:
(a) 1962 (b) 1972 (c) 1977
Who was the President of U.S.A. when Russia invaded Afghanistan in early 1980?
(a) Jimmy Carter (b) Herbert C. Hoover (c) Ronald Reagan
What does NASA stand for?
Which year TVA was established?
(a) 1930 (b) 1933 (c) 1955
To which political party did President Woodrow Wilson belong?
(a) Whig (b) Republican (c) Democratic
Who wrote "Encyclopedia of American History"?
Morris, Richard and Commager (b) Rubin, Barry (c) Siring, Lawrence.
Now bringing you back...
Does that email address look wrong? Try again with a different email.