1. How can a composite signal be decomposed into individual frequencies?
2. Compare uplink with a downlink.
3. How do guided media differ from unguided media?
4. What is the difference addresses at the physical and data link layer of the OSI
5. Different frames used by HDLC.
6. Do you think an HTTP client can monopolize an HTTP server? Explain your
Explain your answer.
9. How is an ATM virtual connection identified?
10. What are the core differences Between TCP and UDP?
11. Which protocol is used for retrieving mails?
12. How are dual-ring systems used to maintain a link when a station fails in FDDI
13. What is the difference between full duplex and half duplex in communication?
14. A channel has a bi rate of 8 kbps and a propagation delay of 20 m-sec.For what
range of frame sizes does stop and wait giving an efficienc of at least 50% ?
15. What is NDS database?
16. Differentiate between internet and intranet?
17. Differentiate between peer to peer and server client based networks?
18. What is CSMA/CD?
19. What kind of application are likely to use virtual protocols ?
20. What is a MAC address?
21. Which of the OSI layer handles determining which route through the subnet?
22. How issue of bad technology favored TCP/IP model over OSI model ?
23. How do t1 carriers differ from T1 carriers?
24. What do you understand by RAS?
25. What are the various types of signals? Explain briefly.
26. Compare analog and digital modulation.
27. What is practical bandwidth of FM?
28. Explain wide band and narrow band FM.
29. Show how AM signal can generate FM signal. Give its limitation .
30. Differentiate between periodic and aperiodic signals.
31. How digital signal pass through wide bandwidth medium and band limited
32. What is layer-3 switch?
33. What does the MAC and LLC layer ? Define.
34. How do we combine multiple signals into 1 signal using FDM and TDM?
35. How many hamming bits are required when using the hamming code with the
extended ASCII synchronous message \u201cHELP!\u201d ?
36. In HDLC, what is bit stuffing and why is it needed?
37. What is Recovery Console?
38. What is piggy backing?
39. What is the default subnet mask for an ipv6 address ?
40. What is PING utility?
41. What is a VLAN?What does VLAN provide?
42. What is subnetting? why is it used?
43. Difference between the communication and transmission.
44. What is the Network Time Protocol
45. What is passive topology
46. What is mesh network
47. What is subnet
48. What is attenuation
49. What is MAC address
50. What is Bandwidth
51. What is the range of addresses in the classes of internet addresses
52. What is MAU
53. Difference between bit rate and baud rate.
54. What is virtual channel
55. What is virtual path
56. What is packet filter
57. What is NVT (Network Virtual Terminal)
58. What is a Multi-homed Host
59. What is Cable Modem?
60. Differentiate Between Noise, attenuation and distortion.
61. The period of a signal is 100ms. What is its frequency in kilohertz?
62. If a periodic signal is decomposed into five sine waves with frequency of
64. The loss in a cable is usually defined in decibel per kilometer. If the signal at the beginning of a cable with -0.3 dB/Km has a power of 2mW. What is the power of the signal at 5 Km?
68. A telephone Line normally has a bandwidth of 3000Hz (300Hz to 3300Hz). This
signal to noise ratio is usually 3162(35db). Calculate the capacity for this channel.
69. Calculate the bit rate of a full duplex FSK modem having bandwidth of 2400 Hz.
1. Draw a comparison between co-axial UTP and STP media.
2. Compare and contrast circuit, packet and message switching.
3. Give data bits =1000000111110000011 and generator polynomial bits =
Now bringing you back...
Does that email address look wrong? Try again with a different email.