- Long-term nano science and engineering research that will lead to fundamental understanding and to discoveries of novel phenomena, processes and tools for nanotechnology.
- Synthesis and processing \u201cby design\u201d of engineered, nanometer-size,
material building blocks and system components, fully exploiting
molecular self-assembly concepts
- Nanodevice concepts including system architecture research to best exploit nano-derived properties in operational systems, and combining building-up of molecular structures with ultra miniaturization
- Application of nanostructured materials and systems to manufacturing,
power systems, energy, environment, national security, and health. Areas
of interest include advanced dispersions, catalysts, separation methods,
and consolidated nanostructures, as well as increase the pace of
knowledge and technology transfer;
- Educate and train a new generation of skilled workers in the multidisciplinary perspectives necessary for rapid progress in nanotechnology.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?