Welcome to Scribd. Sign in or start your free trial to enjoy unlimited e-books, audiobooks & documents.Find out more
Standard view
Full view
of .
Look up keyword
Like this
0 of .
Results for:
No results containing your search query
P. 1
346. CPA15: Serco Ltd - PTD Meeting 4 May

346. CPA15: Serco Ltd - PTD Meeting 4 May

|Views: 7|Likes:
Published by Work_Programme_DWP

More info:

Published by: Work_Programme_DWP on Oct 12, 2011
Copyright:Attribution Non-commercial


Read on Scribd mobile: iPhone, iPad and Android.
download as DOC, PDF, TXT or read online from Scribd
See more
See less





PTD Meeting StencilTitle of Meeting
Work Programme PTD – CPA 15 West Midlands Delivery Model Walkthrough
Date of meeting
4 May 2011
Supplier Name:
Meeting Location:
Mayfield Court, Sheffield
Record of discussion
AH outlined the aim of the meeting and introduced attendees.Summary of Proposed Amendments
[REDACTED] said that they had gone through the bid and produced a matrixof changes in four areas: Information Systems, KPIs/Reporting, ManagementStructure and Solution (a copy of the proposed amendments was issued toattendees).Information Systems
[REDACTED] said that they would be using their existing IMPACT system,which is currently used for FND (and which security people are comfortablewith). Proposals to develop a new Oracle system will no longer go ahead.[REDACTED] asked what we would lose as a result, and [REDACTED] said itmeant that they would have to continue to separate their data which will bemanaged at their current operating base in Rhyll (the Oracle system wouldhave provided a UK database, and also provided a more adaptable casemanagement system for other contracts in the future).[REDACTED] confirmed that PPEPs will remain on the system and all actionswill still be available, and they will have a team who will develop this systemfurther as the contract progresses.KPI Regime
[REDACTED] outlined how the points based KPI regime is linked to the ITsystem, with quantitative data produced by IMPACT. Toolkit will monitoqualitative elements of KPIs through QA and performance managers.Performance Improvement Plans will be further developed for subcontractorswith core KPIs and qualitative KPIs.[REDACTED] added that the new system would have made the process moremechanistic (points based that enables financial penalties) but this will bereplaced with a more iterative process. [REDACTED] asked whether thechange in process had an impact on the number of contract managers.[REDACTED] confirmed that there was no significant change in numbers.[REDACTED]added that the customer satisfaction KPI proposed in the tender will no longer be introduced, but that this feedback will be captured by other mechanisms.Management Structure
[REDACTED]said that they will maintain reporting lines as indicated in thetender but these would be via the Home Affairs Business Unit, and thestructure would be continuously reviewed. The table provided outlinedchanges to headcount (some roles have merged). [REDACTED] askedwhether economies were mainly to the central team and [REDACTED] repliedthat some responsibilities are now within the QA role, sharing of responsibility,and confirmed that they will still have a Contract Board. [REDACTED] asked
Generic inbox. DWP work progptdq&a
how many posts will be taken out, and [REDACTED] replied that there was nosimple answer to this as everyone was currently involved in a complicated HRconsultation process. [REDACTED] said they could get this level of information. [REDACTED] asked whether the structure of individual CPAswould remain the same and [REDACTED] confirmed it would.Solution[REDACTED] outlined changes to the proposed bespoke customer job portalin partnership with Monster Jobs. Serco are now pulling together a packagewith Monster tailored to long term unemployed to allow customers access tovacancies. [REDACTED] said Toolkit already has vacancy sharing functionacross the network which will still remain and employer engagementmanagers in each CPA. [REDACTED] added that formal review of the PPEPwill not now be a system based function, but will be reviewed by PerformanceManagers and toolkits provided to support subcontractors.[REDACTED]also confirmed that the Innovation, Enterprise and Investmentfunding will be available and the Mutual Management Board will still beintroduced. [REDACTED]confirmed the advert for a ‘chair‘ had gone out andexceptionally strong commitment to joining the Board had been received.[REDACTED]confirmed they had submitted their security plan and penetrationtesting has taken place in Rhyll, although they hadn’t had any feedback yet,no issues were anticipated.[REDACTED] said that we would get back to them as quickly as possibleregarding acceptance of the changes, and then pull the relevantdocumentation together. [REDACTED]confirmed that the commentary of draftT&Cs would not be included.Terms and Conditions[REDACTED] asked for discussion around the T&Cs. [REDACTED] said thatthese were discussed at the recent meeting in London and commentsreceived have been considered and a few changes made. [REDACTED]confirmed there are no proposals to make any further changes to the finalT&Cs and that DWP will not be responding further to individual organisations.[REDACTED] said that the termination/liability clauses were a potentialshowstopper and that they would need to go through their InvestmentCommittee at the end of May and may have to go through their Plc, whichwould result in them not signing contracts until w/c 6th June. However, theywere confident that this would not affect them being able to go-live on 30
June.Parent Company Guarantee (PCG)
[REDACTED] raised the issue of the PCG and asked whether the order formcould be signed by Serco Ltd (as for FND) rather than the parent companySerco PLC which would complicate the governance process.[REDACTED]said we would need to take this away. [REDACTED] askedwhether they would be able to sign by beginning of June,[REDACTED]confirmed that was possible if the issues they raise around PCGand liabilities are sorted out.[REDACTED] added that we would be happy to look at some of the issuesregarding Provider Guidance, e.g. issuing a side letter, to enable order formsto be signed.
Generic inbox. DWP work progptdq&a
Action Points from last meeting
[REDACTED] went through the action points from the last meeting.AP1: Some discussion took place around the request for a national JCPwalkthrough. [REDACTED] advised that to her knowledge there are noproposals for a national approach as yet.AP5: [REDACTED] also said that investigations into how Merlin Process willwork are still ongoing, and confirmed we will get back to them when there ismore clarity around this.AP8: Reference to costs associated with manual PRaP process was coveredin recent Q&A document.Other Action Points cleared.Weekly Transition Progress Dashboard
[REDACTED]asked for a progress update to amber rating – ‘CPA discussionsnot advanced in CPA 17’. [REDACTED] provided assurance that there wereno problems and that they were in daily contact with subcontractors.[REDACTED] said their red ratings were around getting TUPE information andthis is likely to remain. [REDACTED] added that they were hoping to take their FND team and keep it intact.Implementation Plans
[REDACTED] asked for an update on implementation.[REDACTED]confirmed that they now have an office in Sheffield which will betheir Head Office/permanent base, [REDACTED] asked if any subcontractorswere sourcing new premises. [REDACTED]said that she did not there wereany leases to sign, but that this would be highlighted in due diligence.[REDACTED] provided an update on recruitment confirming they haveappointed their Operations Director and that the West Midlands team is inplace. South Yorkshire posts will be ring fenced for Serco staff to apply for.Training dates have been given to subcontractors and good responses havebeen received already. [REDACTED]also confirmed the Induction programmeis in place and ready to go and events are booked with subcontractors starting16
May.Due Diligence
[REDACTED] said readiness assessments were received yesterday, regionalteams will review these and pick out any issues/ensure support is in place. Areport will be produced that will be shared with Work Streams. [REDACTED]added that transition plans are in place and all risk is associated withtermination. [REDACTED] confirmed that a start date of 30 June would beacceptable.
Next Meeting: 10.00 am 18
May 2011 (telephone conference)Action Points
Action PointOwner Date(s) for Clearance
Generic inbox. DWP work progptdq&a

You're Reading a Free Preview

/*********** DO NOT ALTER ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE ! ************/ var s_code=s.t();if(s_code)document.write(s_code)//-->