Welcome to Scribd, the world's digital library. Read, publish, and share books and documents. See more
Standard view
Full view
of .
Look up keyword
Like this
0 of .
Results for:
No results containing your search query
P. 1


Ratings: (0)|Views: 42 |Likes:
Published by narberthcivic

More info:

Published by: narberthcivic on Oct 12, 2011
Copyright:Attribution Non-commercial


Read on Scribd mobile: iPhone, iPad and Android.
download as PDF, TXT or read online from Scribd
See more
See less





NARBERTH CIVIC ASSOCIATIONREGULAR MONTHLY BOARD MEETINGSEPTEMBER 14, 7:00 pm, Narberth Borough Hall, Council chambers Board members in attendance: President Andy Haakenson, VP Deborah Lonsdorf, Treasurer Christine Jackson, Gigi Tevlin Moffat, Liz Brown, Jim Speer, Georgette Dubois Minutes taken by Jim Speer, in absence of Secretary Audience: 2 people Old business: Candidate Forum: The Federation of Civics is discouraging local civic groups from running their own School Board Candidate Forums. Federation is holding two debates of their own. Instead of running a candidate forum for the Borough Council candidates, we discussedalternatives: Inviting the BC candidates to the October meeting; soliciting questions and topicsfrom the public. October is to be one of our two yearly membership meetings. Vote to support ISC & Federation on staging the school board debates, carried by unanimousvoice vote. To do: Andy will contact BC candidates Healthcare seminar: Talk to senior center about coordinating an event, maybe for early in 2012 Paypal - Need to get a new Paypal account. The old one was Chris Finley’s. Deb will set up anew payal acct, coordinate with Christine about back account & tax exempt numbers Brainstorming ideas for ways to help support the Fire DepartmentLiz’s idea for Nar-B-Q: Judged barbeque contest, with entrance fee. Celebrity judges? Andy isa certified barbeque judge. Gigi knows a celebrity TV chef Rick Bayless(?) will inquire. New horizons glee club - discussion of whether to give money for bus to coatesville. The feelingis that we do not have the money to spare for donations of this type. We need to explore other ways to support their activities. Deb will follow up with them New business Liz starts a discussion about budgeting. Would like to see more of an effort to account for expenses and profits from events, to see which events make money and which lose. Oncewe have a better idea of our event costs and intake, we’ll be in a better position to consider monetary contributions. Minutes: brief discussion of how soon the meeting minutes should be available for review.Deborah would like to see minutes draft within three days of meeting. The feeling in the roomis that nothing should be settled without Lisa [board secretary] present. Christine says other 

You're Reading a Free Preview

/*********** DO NOT ALTER ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE ! ************/ var s_code=s.t();if(s_code)document.write(s_code)//-->