feet in 1/5 second. At this same speed, how many feet will it travel in three seconds?
8. When rope is selling at $.10 a foot, how many feet can you buy for sixty cents?
9. The ninth month of the year is
10. Which number in the following group of numbers represents the smallest amount?
11. In printing an article of 48,000 words, a printer decides to use two sizes of type. Using the largertype, a printed page contains 1,800 words. Using smaller type, a page contains 2,400 words. The articleis allotted 21 full pages in a magazine. How many pages must be in smaller type?
12. The hours of daylight and darkness in SEPTEMBER are nearest equal to the hours of daylight anddarkness in:
13. Three individuals form a partnership and agree to divide the profits equally. X invests $9,000, Yinvests $7,000, Z invests $4,000. If the profits are $4,800, how much less does X receive than if theprofits were divided in proportion to the amount invested?
14. Assume the first two statements are true. Is the final one:
3. not certain?
Tom greeted Beth. Beth greeted Dawn. Tom did not greet Dawn.
15. A boy is 17 years old and his sister is twice as old. When the boy is 23 years old, what will be theage of his sister?
16. A physical education class has three times as many girls as boys. During a class basketball game,the girls average 18 points each, and the class as a whole averages 17 points per person. How manypoints does each boy score on average?
17. Randolph has 8 ties, 6 pairs of pants, and 4 dress shirts. How many days could he possibly gowithout wearing the same combination of these three items?
18. John is a mechanic. He makes $8.50 an hour, plus $3 extra for every oil change he performs. Lastweek he worked 36 hours and performed 17 oil changes. How much money did he make?
19. A box of staples has a length of 6 cm, a width of 7 cm, and a volume of 378 cm cubed. What is theheight of the box?
20. Arnold is about to go on a 500-mile car trip. His mechanic recommends that he buy a specialhighway engine oil that will save him 50 cents in gas for every 25 miles of the trip. This new oil,however, will cost $20. Is it worthwhile for Arnold to buy the oil if he has a coupon for $4 dollars off theprice?
21.) Which number is larger: .8, 8, 90, 200?