Contents Page number (in the original Arabic text)
5. Sections of the book and their subjects.
6. Introductory account of the beginning of creation.
11. The seven meanings of "child."
13. First section: The return of the human being to his original home,
the low. The meaning of contemplation and acts of worshipful service.
18. The tree of the affirmation of Oneness [tawhid] and its fruit.
19. Third section: The shops of the spirit in the body. Division of knowledge into
24. Fourth section: The number of the sciences [\u2018ulum]. Explanation of the Sacred
Law [Shari\u2019a], the Spiritual Path [Tariqa], Direct Knowledge [Ma\u2019rifa] and Reality
29. Occurrences of the affirmation of Oneness [tawhid] in the Qur'an.
How Gabriel (peace be upon him) instructed the Prophet (peace be upon
him) in remembrance and the profession of faith.
36. Sixth section: Concerning the people of spiritual culture [tasawwuf]. The
difference between the ascetics and the people of intimate knowledge. 38. Meanings
of the term tasawwuf.
42. Eighth section: Prerequisites of remembrance [dhikr].
The saying of the Messenger (blessing and peace be upon him): "The believers do
not truly believe...."
His saying (peace be upon him): "My eyes may sleep, but my heart never sleeps."
His saying (peace be upon him): "If someone dies in the pursuit of knowledge, Allah
will send two angels to teach him in his grave...."
44. Ninth section: Concerning the vision of Allah (Exalted is He).
Commentary on His saying (Exalted is He): "The likeness of His Light is that of a
niche in which there is a lamp...."
49. Eleventh section: Concerning bliss and misery.
His saying (Exalted is He): "If someone produces a good deed, he shall have ten just
51. Twelfth section: Concerning the spiritual paupers and why they are called Sufis.
52. The five tokens of bliss. The tokens of misery.
56. The four domains, the spirits, the manifestations, and the intellects.
60. Thirteenth section: Concerning ritual purity [tahara]. Inner purity and outer purity.
61. Fourteenth section: The prayers of the Sacred Law and the Spiritual Path.
62. The brain, by the soundness of which the whole body becomes sound, etc.
62. Fifteenth section: Purity of direct knowledge in the realm of complete detachment.
Generosity and bankruptcy.
67. Seventeenth section: The fast [sawm] of the Sacred Law and the Spiritual Path.
68. Eighteenth section: The pilgrimage [hajj] of the Sacred Law and the Spiritual
72. Nineteenth section: Concerning ecstasy [wajd] and pure serenity.
His saying (Exalted is He): "Whereat creeps the flesh of those who fear their Lord."
The meaning of His saying (Exalted is He): "So give good tidings to My servants."
76. Twentieth section: The practice of seclusion and isolation.
His saying (peace be upon him): "The Muslim is someone from whose hand and
tongue the Muslims are safe...."
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?