CICS INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
1. How do you place the cursor on a particular position on the screen? \u2013
Move -1 to the length attribute of the field annd use the CURSOR option.
2. Define the field with IC in the BMS map.
Use CURSOR(n m)??
3. What are the two outputs created as a result of generation of a map? \u2013
The map copybook and the load module.
4. What is the difference between physical map and symbolic map? \u2013
The physical map is the load module and the symbolic map is the data
5. How do you protect a field from being overlaid? -
What is the attribute byte? \u2013
Defines the display/transmission of field. most cases is an output field from
6. How do you use extended attributes ?
Define EXTATT=YES and the correct terminal type.
7. What are the 3 working storage fields used for every field on the map? \u2013
Length, attribute and input/output field.
8. What is MDT? What are FSET, FRSET ?
Modified Data Tag. Bit in the attribute byte indicating modification of field
on screen. Happens on an input operation.
FSET. Sets MDT on to ensure field is transmitted. Happens on an output
FRSET. Resets MDT. Until this happens, field continues to be sent.
9. What is the use of DSECT parameter in BMS?