Shajahanabad, Radial garden city, urban villages
- Combination of planned and unplanned areas.
- Axis in the city: Central vista, Chandni chowk
- Delhi has multiple feeders from several states, as seven highways
Central, South, East, West)
- Flood basin is too wide (2-3 km) and divides the city into two
- Over 300 natural lakes previously existed which were a part of the natural
- Combination of high and low density areas. i.e. density variation
- Lutyen\u2019s Delhi is considered as an oasis between the heritage.
- Wholesale markets are important magnets of commerce and movements.
- Aggregation of various villages
- City of large distances, where the magnets are dispersed.
- High on the global as well as national wish list
- City of powerbrokers and corruption
- Cultural and multi-lingual
- Lots of urban hotspots-malls, bazaars etc
- City of accommodation
- Educational capital, good educational infrastructure
- Trouble coping with growth. Delhi is becoming saturated
- Dispersal of urban fringe : drifting foci
- High crime rate and insecurity
towards the city.
- At least 50% of the population living in substandard conditions
- cosmopolitan city and people, lots of diversity
- Difficult for aged to be alone and self dependent. Ageism in the city
- Unsafe transit for the children
- Enough opportunity in the city for a criminal mind to work. Dark alleys not
- Universal accessibility is poor
- A lot of things created on initiatives taken by the people. PVRs etc
- Isolated celebrations of festivals due to paucity of such spaces
- VIP security has become a nuisance.
- Post 1991, rapid growth in disposable income led to a growth in
- Civic spaces for the public: Central vista, Pragati Maidan, Connaught Place, Janpath, Dilli Haat and piazzas connected with multiplexes and shopping precincts
coherence and jostling for space, signifying public aspirations.
- Greens in Delhi : visually pleasing
- Graphic dimension and visual scales are unorganized. Such development
Now bringing you back...
Does that email address look wrong? Try again with a different email.