5. SPORTS MEET
6. MONTHLY EXPENDITURES
The Academy is a residential voluntary organization working for the education and rehabilitation of the blind and other differently abled, with an aim to empower and make them independent with quality education and promoting overall development with the guiding principles of self-help, interaction and involvement.
2. The Academy intends to bring in the differently abled persons into the mainstream of the society. To achieve this it is working on an Integrated Education Program, in which the Academy has identified children who have capabilities and skills to cope up in a regular environment and they have been admitted to Malleswaram Shishu Vihar High School in Malleswaram and Swami Shivananda High School in Sahakar Nagar. Thanks to the Principal Madam Vasumathi and to her Staff and to the General Secretary Madam Mythily for having extended their hands of co-operation.
The Academy follows the State syllabus. Under this curriculum, we teach:
A. Kannada - First Language
B. English \u2013 Second Language
C. Hindi \u2013 Third Language
D. Mathematics or Political Science
E. Science or Economics
have been appointed by the Academy to look after all the three projects:
1. The Residential High School for Visually Challenged Girls
2. IED Program
3. Computer Training Center.
We are thankful to Dr.Bhutt of Benaka Clinic, Dr.Srinivas, Dr.Nayak of Minto Eye Hospital, Dr.Venkatesh of Jain Eye Hospital and the Doctors of K.C.General Hospital for having rendered their services to the Academy by treating the children.
On 13th December 2006, Dr.Venkatesh of Jain Eye Hospital, Seshadripuram, successfully conducted cataract operation on Sowmya J.S., a student of 8th Standard, which has helped her to regain her vision to a large extent. We are extremely grateful to Jain Eye Hospital, Seshadripuram and to Dr.Venkatesh for having conducted this operation under their free camp services.
The pupils of the institution had many opportunities to exhibit their talents in various parts of the city on different occasions. The details of the cultural program presented by our children are as follows:
Saraswathi Sangeetha Vidyalaya had organized a Music Festival in the name of Swara Ananda Kala Puraskar, where students from various institutions had participated. Shivamma, a student of 8th Standard secured the First Prize under the category of devotional singing.
Shivamma and Anuja had a great opportunity and a tough challenge during the Vocal Music singing program at Prasanna Anjaneya Temple at Mahalakshmi Layout on 4th November 2006 when they had to sing continuously for two hours. The program was a grand success. The children of our institution also participated in the music and painting presentation conducted by the Department for Women and Child Welfare at Bal Bhavan on 25th November 2006.
Worker. The children had presented a colorful cultural program on the occasion.
2. The Gandhi Jayanthi was celebrated at the Academy premises on 2nd October 2006.
3. Kannada Rajyothsava was celebrated at Sangolli Rayanna Park on 1st November 2006.
4. The 50th Republic Day was celebrated at the Academy premises on 26th January 2007.
Now bringing you back...
Does that email address look wrong? Try again with a different email.