WHAT ARE COST ENGINEERING,
QUANTITY SURVEYING, AND
At the 14th International Cost Engineering Congress held in Guadalajara, Mexico, February 1996, the Congress
delegates held an open discussion of the similarities and differences between the cost engineering, quantity
surveying, and project management professions. The following "white paper" summarizes the conclusions of that
- estimates of capital costs;
- estimates of operating and manufacturing costs;
- risk assessment and analysis;
- trending of scope and cost changes;
- appraisals of existing assets;
- project analyses, databases, and benchmarking; and
- siting studies, etc.
- ensure that a realistic reference (scope, cost, time) is set up for further control and is in line with the
- ensure that appropriate management tools are set up to help the team control the project;
- create a cost -minded atmosphere within the team;
- make decisions on what should be done in case of variance;
- ensure that the project objectives remain in line with business needs;
Use your Facebook login and see what your friends are reading and sharing.
Now bringing you back...