still in its initial stages of reform and opening up, China's real use of Foreign Direct Investment only stood
at $636 million. China actually utilised $60 billion of FDI in 2004, which is almost 100 times that of its
This can be initiated with, 'A child once asked a balloon vendor, who was selling helium gas-filled
balloons, whether a blue-coloured balloon will go as high in the sky as a green-coloured balloon. The
balloon vendor told the child, it is not the colour of the balloon but what is inside it that makes it go high.'
For example, if the topic is, Should Sonia Gandhi be the prime minister of India?, you could start by
saying, 'Before jumping to conclusions like, 'Yes, Sonia Gandhi should be', or 'No, Sonia Gandhi should
not be', let's first find out the qualities one needs to be a a good prime minister of India. Then we can
compare these qualities with those that Mrs Gandhi possesses. This will help us reach the conclusion in a
more objective and effective manner.'
Avoid raising new points.
Avoid stating only your viewpoint.
Avoid dwelling only on one aspect of the Group Discussion.
Keep it brief and concise.
It must incorporate all the important points that came out during the Group Discussion.
If the examiner asks you to summarise a Group Discussion, it means the Group Discussion has come to
an end. Do not add anything once the Group Discussion has been summarised.
1. always be the initiator and concluder of the Group Discussion then being a participant.
2. But if you are particaipant always try to be the most vianl/key participant.
3. put points firmly and always try to get others support too.
4. if you find that the discussion os going offttrack then never loose an oppurtunity to bring it back to
straem this is the best point to score max.
5. try to keep latest information on the topic .
6. be very polite , people may try to provoke you to to get more points but try to keep cool.
7. most important don't wait for your turn to speak when discussion is on. inturrupt politely if you want to
put forward your points.
8. last but not the least keep atab on the time given for discussion. score points by wrapping up the
discussion if you feel that the discussion is heating but the time is going to be over.
9. during clonclusion, do end with the conclusion note. that shows your leadership quality.
Need for GD
GD for MBA
It is a methodology used by an organization to gauge whether the candidate has certain personality traits and/or skills that it desires in its members. In this methodology, the group of candidates is given a topic or a situation, given a few minutes to think about the same, and then asked to discuss the it among themselves for 15-20 minutes.
It is essential for managers to be team players.
The reason: Managers always work in teams.
At the beginning of his(manager) career, a manager works as a team member. And, later, as a team leader.
Management aspirants who lack team skills cannot be good managers.
Now bringing you back...
Does that email address look wrong? Try again with a different email.