Site set up
- workers welfare facilities,site ofﬁce, wcs, safety hoardings etc.Temporary site cabins positioned on hardstanding to south of building to allowconstruction of playground to north.
Foundations and slab
- piling, excavationand casting of ground beams. distributionof top soil across site to form landscapemounds. Slab either cast in situ or pre-fabbeam and block construction.
- hardy plants, bulbs andgrasses planted/sown to allow growthprior to completion and blooms in spring
NORTH : PARK HUB + PLAYGROUND
Off site manufacture
- Detailed infoprepared and issued for prefabricationof steel frame, pre-cast concrete panels,cladding, windows, doors and stairs to bedelivered to site.
- Ground conditions and surveyinfo reviewed to determine foundationsrequired. Small driven or screw type pileswill be used if necessary to avoid the needto remove contaminated soil beneath theexisting membrane from site.
- Trees grown off site inpreparation for planting on site
Steel frame superstructuredelivered and installed with steel framesuperstructure. All bolted connectionsto ensure fast track construction with nosite welding. Lateral stability is providedby steel portal frames in the east-westdirection and by steel braced frames in thenorth-south direction.
- formed using metal decking witha concrete topping, which enables quickconstruction on site and also provides in-plane shear stiffness as part of the stabilitysystem. Roof provides weather proof canopy for works to commence internally(M+E ﬁrst ﬁx and framing out)
Cladding + windows
- Pre cast panels ﬁxedback to concrete frame, windows andexternal doors installed
- mechanical and electricalﬁt out ﬂexible layout to enable futureadaptation
Construction + DeliveryMay 2013open to publicNovember 2012Start on sitePrior to Start
hub buildingadjacent/ surrounding playgroundplay area extending into landscape