this installer was replaced on 30dec05 at 0200z in order to correct a minor
defect with the installer software. the pmdg 747-400 version number has
not changed because this is only an installer replacement and it does not
effect the software itself.
1) this is version 1.1. see below for current list of fixes from v1.0.
2) it is required that you have a live internet connection at the time
of installation in order that your ownership of this product
4) this is a complex simulation and it may not be uncommon for new or
less experienced simulator enthusiasts to have some trouble
getting started or learning proper procedures. please use
our technical support forum for seeking help. our technical
support team cannot teach you to use this simulation, but
our large and vibrant customer base has a strong reputation
for sharing knoweldge and welcoming new users. please
contribute and be a part of the community!
5) review the security notice in the license agreement. this will
prevent you from unwanted legal involvement related to this
product and pmdg's aggressive defense of our digital property
this installer will search for your flight simulator installation as it
is reported by the registry on your machine. if you have moved your
flight simulator installation, or if you deleted it and re-installed
in a new location without updating the registry on your computer, you
may be told by this installer that it cannot find your msfs installation.
if this message is displayed, you must manually navigate the installer so that it points to your default msfs installation directory, or this airplane will not install correctly.
--> keep your machine clean! most user performance complaints received
by pmdg are the result of improper user maintenance of their machine!
defrag your drives, remove old addons that are outdated, and be careful
that you do not delete files from pmdg products manually!
if you need to uninstall the pmdg 747-400 queen of the skies, please run this
installer again and select the remove option. also, you can use the add/remove
programs item in your windows control panel.
do not manually delete files from your machine.
if you have
freebies for pmdg customers:
pmdg makes every effort to ensure that you presented with the broadest
array of options for your pmdg product. this includes many free
liveries available for download from our site. this repository will
continue to grow in coming weeks, please help yourself to as many
free liveries as you wish.
of this software:
pmdg does not provide telephone support for any product.
for all other questions, or to learn more about operating the airplane
being simulated, please read the manuals and visit our customer
forum at avsim. you can find this forum by linking to it from our
in order to protect pmdg's intellectual and commercial property rights,
this installer watermarks numerous files included in this installation.
illegal sharing of this product will lead to prosecution and civil
legal action pursuant to us and international copyright laws. pmdg reserves
the right to use all information collected about you in order to enforce our
intellectual property rights. pmdg reserves the right to share information
about you with law enforcement and legal agencies if we have cause to suspect
you are engaged in illegal or criminal activity that affects our intellectual
property rights and/or ownership of our copyrighted property.
01dec05 update v1.1r0 replaces all versions.
09aug05 update v1.r02 replaces all versions.
03aug05 update v1.r01 replaces v1.0.
02aug05 final v1.r0 released
new behaviors/logic added for this version:
1) added animated winglets that can be hidden from view via the
appearance of the 747-400d.
2) con ignition on advisory message not displaying on upper eicas: fixed
3) stby ignition on advisory message not displaying on upper eicas: fixed
4) hardware compatibility with aerosoft mcp747 led lights added
(requires pending dll from aerosoft australia)
6) updated pfd mcp code to allow f/d preferencing by side.
7) master caution push to cancel keymapping capability added
10) planned step logic insterted through legs page (s-type restrictions) with max alt protection (avail at) -- includes both step up and step down functionality (new)
in the air (new)
12) target speed/mach progressive management during step climb (new)
13) clb dir functionality (new)
14) des dir functionality (new)
15) tai altitude entry active in foeracast page and adjustment for
17) autothrottle disconnect but remain armed state logic (new)
-- right click on to/ga "screw" in the air -- at reactivated by
re-selecting a pitch/thrust mode
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?