Small group \u201cread sheet\u201d
in HIS image
Small Group Sharing Guidelines
1.Anonymity and confidentiality are a must. What is shared in
the group stays in the group.
2.Avoid advice-giving. We are here to support one another, not
fix one another.
3.Focus on yourself and your own struggles, not everyone
4.Use \u201cI\u201d statements. Talk about whatyou think and whatyou
5.Share your victories and defeats. Be real.
6.Accept others for where they are. Don\u2019t pass judgment on
their progress (or lack thereof).
7.Don\u2019t interrupt when someone is sharing. Raise your hand if
8.If you talk too much, give others a chance. Ask a quiet
person a question.
9.If you are not a natural talker, speak up! Take a risk. We
want to hear from you.
10. Listen carefully when others share. Avoid distractions.
The 8 Core Elements of a winning equation
1. Develop a personal, intimate, surrendered, daily relationship
2. Connect daily with a buddy
3. Exercise 30-60 minutes per day, 3-5 days per week
4. Attend a group every week for support and accountability
5. Do some kind of homework (reading or writing) every week
6. Set small, realistic goals for change each week