1. Tell us about yourself, your background.
2. What are the three major characteristics that you bring to this company?
3. What version of Oracle were you running?
4. How many databases did the organization have and what sizes?
5. What motivates you to do a good job?
6. What two or three things are most important to you at work?
7. What qualities do you think are essential to be successful in this kind of work?
8. What courses did you attend? What job certifications do you hold?
9. What subjects/courses did you excel in? Why?
10. What subjects/courses gave you trouble? Why?
11. How does your previous work experience prepare you for this position?
12. How do you define \u2019success\u2019?
13. What has been your most significant accomplishment to date?
14. Describe a challenge you encountered and how you dealt with it.
15. Describe a failure and how you dealt with it.
16. Describe the \u2018ideal\u2019 job\u2026 the \u2018ideal\u2019 supervisor.
17. What leadership roles have you held?
18. What prejudices do you hold?
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
20. What are your career goals (a) 3 years from now; (b) 10 years from now?
21. How does this position match your career goals?
22. What have you done in the past year to improve yourself?
23. In what areas do you feel you need further education and training to be successful?
24. What do you know about our company?
25. Why do you want to work for this company. Why should we hire you?
26. Where do you see yourself fitting in to this organization initially? How about in 5 years?
27. Why are you looking for a new job?
28. How do you feel about re-locating?
29. Are you willing to travel?
30. What are your salary requirements?
31. When would you be available to start if you were selected?
32. Did you use online or off-line backups?
33. If you have to advise a backup strategy for a new application, how would you approach it
and what questions will you ask?
34. If a customer calls you about a hanging database session, what will you do to resolve it?
35. Compare Oracle to any other database that you know. Why would you prefer to work on
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?