-point F (constructed) - this point approximates the foramen caecum and represents the anatomicanterior limit of the cranial base, constructed as the point of intersection of a line perpendicular tothe S-N plane from the point of crossing of the images of the orbital roofs and the internal plate of the frontal bone (Coben);
- frontomaxillary nasal suture - the most superior point of the suture, where the maxillaarticulates with the frontal and nasal bones (unilateral); FMN is on the anterior cranial base, unlike Na , and can therefore also be used for measuring or defining the cranial base (Moyers, 1988);
- nasion - the most anterior point of the fron-tonasal suture in the median plane (unilateral);
- sphenoethmoidal - the intersection of the shadows of the greater wing of the sphenoid and thecranial floor as seen in the lateral cephalogram;
- supraorbitale - the most anterior point of the intersection of the shadow of the roof of theorbit and its lateral contour (bilateral) (Sassouni);
- roof of orbit - this marks the uppermost point on the roof of the orbit (bilateral) (Sassouni).
Photograph of the lateral aspect (A) and the medial aspect (B) of the sphenoid bone.1 maxilla2 palatine bone3 ethmoid bone4 frontal bone5 lesser wing of sphenoid bone6 greater wing of sphenoid bone7 pterygoid process of sphenoid bone ,8 sphenoid sinus9 sella turcica10 anterior clinoid 11 posterior clinoid 12 dorsum sellae