It is normally assumed that the SKIP Lot Functionality applies to items which are only Lot Controlled items. But its not the case. Skip lot functionality applies to all the items being received in Oracle Purchasing.
(1) For "Skip Lot Inspection" in the Collection Plan the Transaction description
needs to be left blank. Whenever a collection plan is associated to a Skip Lot
Setup, it needn't necessarily have an Inspection / Receiving Transaction
associated to it. In fact, it is advisable not to associate a collection plan to an
Inspection /Receiveing Transaction or any transaction for that matter when it is
associated to a Skip Lot Setup. This is because the plan level transaction
association will never be honored when it is associated to a Skip Lot Setup. Now,
since the Transaction at the plan level will not be honored, the collection triggers
associated to that transaction as well will be ignored during a Skip Lot based
The Skip Lot triggering is set up at the Skip Lot/Sampling Criteria screen and it
does not make use of the setup in Collection Plans Setup (Transaction Window).
In fact, you don't (and shouldn't) associate an Inspection Transaction to the plan
because the Skip Lot criteria takes care of the triggering.
(3) For Skip Lot Inspection the Receipts should be created one after the other
and not in BULK.
The receipt created should be processed completely before proceeding to create
(5) We have to make sure that the Profile Option RCV: Processing Mode to On-
line at site level and user level in System Administrator Profile options so that the
transactions get completed before proceeding to do another transaction..
If the Receiving transactions for a particular receipt is not completed and we go
ahead and raise a new Receipt then routing will be Inspection Required because
the skip lot will not skip unless the receipt which you inspected is Accepted.
So we need to make sure that the Receiving transaction is complete before we
go to make a New receipt.
The best way to ensure is to Change the profile option as given below.
(6) If we make a receipt which has to be inspected and we do not inspect the
same and the next receipt we are about to make should get skipped according to
skip plan, it will not get skipped as the skip plan will not get validated as the
earlier receipt has not been inspected and accepted. This receipt also will have
to be inspected.
(7) Number of Consecutive Lots accepted for Qualification mentioned in the Skip
Lot Process Setup is the number of accepted lots to be accepted for the Skip lot
process to become active. So for example if the Number of Consecutive lots
accepted for Qualification is 2 then we have to receive 2 accepted lots and then
only the Skip lot Process will become active.
(8) The sequence in the Skipping Parameters is to indicate the sequence in
which the frequencies mentioned will come into effect. Suppose we have given a
sequence of 10 with frequency of 1 out of 2 and no of rounds as 2 and in the
second line we have given a sequence of 20 with frequency of 1 out of 5 and no
of rounds as 5 then after the lots have been skipped 2 times as per sequence 10
it will move on to sequence 20 to skip lots as per the condition mentioned i.e. 1
out of 5. If we do not have any sequence mentioned after that then this particular
condition (1 out of 5) will be active till a lot does not get rejected.
(9) We can see the status of the Skip lot code by going to Quality -> Inquiries ->
Skip Lot Inquiry.
It will open in a self service page.
(10) When doing the receipt we can see the Routing in the same form. If Routing is Inspection required after saving then we will have to do Inspection. If Routing is Standard Receipt then we need not do Inspection and it will be accepted in the Inventory i.e it will skipped. We need to make sure to see the Routing after we have saved the Receipt and not when we are viewing it.
(12) If a Lot gets Rejected then the Skip Lot Process will Get halted and the
Inspection Stage will return to Qualification from Skipping. We will have to get the
qualification lots as per the condition mentioned in the Skipping parameters and
then only the Skip lot Process will come into Effect again.
the Purchased Item template.
Assign it to the required inventory Organization.
Navigation : Inventory -> Items -> Master Items
Navigation : Quality -> Setup -> Collection Plan
Associate the required Collection Elements to the Plan
Leave the Transaction Description in the Transaction Tab blank.
Now bringing you back...
Does that email address look wrong? Try again with a different email.