over anti-Israel and Islamic radicalism, on one hand, andattack Israel on the other. The analysis becomes especiallyabsurd on Iran and Turkey.
– CAP is far out of themainstream on American support for Israel, which leadsthem to – among other things – attack Democratic membersof Congress for being too pro-Israel
Israeli/Palestinian issues – linkage
– CAP’s Middle Eastpeople are committed to the idea that Israel is at the core of Middle East instability.
Israeli/Palestinian issues – Israeli intransigence is thereason
- the setup for the idea that the Israeli/Palestinianconflict is at the core of Middle East instability, this is theargument that Israeli intransigence is at the core of theIsraeli/Palestinian conflict
The US/Israeli alliance hurts America’s national interest
– these arguments range across the spectrum,from the soft power argument that Arabs don’t like usbecause of Israel to the super-charged Petraeus argumentthat Israel gets American troops killed.
CAP’s tactics of personal attacks :
– a longstandingand by now glib practice of deploying dual-loyalty smearsagainst their political opponents, from accusing them of being “Israel-firsters”/Likudniks to accusing them of propagandizing for The Lobby.
Duss’s unprofessional rhetoric
– Duss engages in adhoms, snideness, and mockery that’s not only unprofessionalbut is starkly at odds with what might be called his ownpersonal and analytical failings.
Substantive Positions/Ideology[A] Geopolitics
– on almost every specific issue, even outsidethe Israeli/Palestinian context CAP can be relied upon to provide“analysis” that runs counter to mainstream consensus – and thatalways ends up explaining why concerns about anti-American andanti-Western currents are overblown.