Twelve Days of Christmas
1.How many turtle doves did his true love bring?2.From which country did the hens come from?3.How many gold rings?4.What were the lords doing?5.How many maids?
6. Write down three words to describe Scrooge?7. They call Scrooge Mr Humbug. Is this becausea) he likes humbugs (sweets)? b) he is very kind?c)he loves Christmas? d) he hates Christmas?
The Night Before Christmas
8. What do we call the day/night before Christmas?a) Easter b) Christmas Eve c) Christmas Day d) Boxing Day.9.Who is Saint Nick?a) Father Christmas b) an elf c) a dancer d) a mouse.10.Name two of the reindeer.
1. Write a story in which you mention at least five of the Days of Christmasactivities - without using the word Christmas. For example:
I saw some lovely gold rings - so I bought five!
2. You are Mr Scrooge. Write your diary for Christmas Eve. Remember youhate Christmas and you don’t want to spend any money.
3. It’s the night before Christmas. You are alone in the house. Write downwhat you can see, hear and smell. How do you feel?
4. Write one of these stories
a) The Twelfth Day of Christmasb) The Day I met Mr Scrooge c) The NightBefore Christmas.
Find out what these words & phrases mean:
partridge, humbug (or ‘Bah,Humbug!), nestled, clatter, dash, sleigh