– I have become very computer literate and have worked together in groups a lot and have had to come upwith and design events, marketing ploys, logos, advertisements and design and deliver presentations.
- Through working and my education I have come to understand the importance of teamwork andcustomer service have had to work a lot with colleagues and customers, which has helped me to developconfidence in working with people.
- Through playing sports I have developed excellent social skills and have worked withdifferent members of the public including MP’s, Councillors, Managing Directors and also unemployed anddisabled people.
– In Belfast City Council I gained experience by assisting in the Outdoor Leisurefunction and dealing with all the various sports leagues throughout Belfast as well as studying this at university.
- I also gained some event management experience by helping organise the launch of the‘Open Space Strategy’ in which over 300 business representatives, community representatives, councilors, MP’sand media journalists attended. As well as studying this I was a “student representative” and was involved inorganising the formals and pre-formals for our university campus. I enjoyed doing this and as I had previousexperience from organising our school formal I was able to take a lead role and could advise other members of how to organise, plan and implement it in the most effective way possible.
HR & Finance
- I also assisted in HR and Finance functions within Belfast City Council taking minutes, producing vandalism and finance reports, dealing with debtors and creditors and dealing with ‘Parks EventsGrants Scheme’
–During my study for my degree I completed modules such as strategic issues, marketing planning,event management, leisure management, HRM, financial management and facilities management which have allhelped me develop and improve skills such as planning, organising, creativity, multi-tasking, informationgathering and handling, time management, leadership and strategic business management and planning.