Welcome to Scribd, the world's digital library. Read, publish, and share books and documents. See more ➡
Download
Standard view
Full view
of .
Add note
Save to My Library
Sync to mobile
Look up keyword
Like this
4Activity
×
0 of .
Results for:
No results containing your search query
P. 1
Impact of Minerals Metals Scarcity on Business

Impact of Minerals Metals Scarcity on Business

Ratings: (0)|Views: 1,616|Likes:
Published by nationalmining

More info:

Published by: nationalmining on Jan 05, 2012
Copyright:Attribution Non-commercial

Availability:

Read on Scribd mobile: iPhone, iPad and Android.
download as PDF, TXT or read online from Scribd
See More
See less

07/27/2013

pdf

text

original

 
 Minerals andmetals scarcity inmanufacturing:the ticking timebomb
Sustainable MaterialsManagement
 www.pwc.com/resourcescarcity 
 A survey of senior executivesof leading global companieson the impact of minerals &metals scarcity on business December 2011
 
PwC rms provide industry-focused assurance, tax and advisory services to enhance value for theirclients. More than 169,000 people in 158 countries in rms across the PwC network share theirthinking, experience and solutions to develop fresh perspectives and practical advice.
 
 Interviews were conducted with 69 senior executives
in seven dierent
manufacturing industriesacross three regions
The Americas Asia Pacic
Europe
Contents
Foreword 4Executive Summary 51. High relevance but limited awareness 82. Scarcity brings risks and opportunities 103. The impact of scarcity will increase substantially in near future 134. Increase of demand perceived as primary cause for scarcity 165. Preparedness diers considerably per sector 186. Eciency and collaboration: the right response 20PwC Services 23Further Reading 24Contacts 25
 Methodology 
PwC’s ‘Minerals and metals scarcity in manufacturing: the ticking timebomb’ survey is basedon a structured quantitative questionnaire. Senior executives from 69 leading companies inseven dierent manufacturing industries across three regions were interviewed by GBI Researchbetween July 2011 and September 2011.The questionnaire was designed to aggregate and compare responses on various subjects, such asawareness, preparedness, impact, causes, risks and opportunities and responses to the scarcity of minerals and metals aecting key manufacturing industry sectors.The survey included companies and respondents in Europe, the Americas and Asia Pacic inthe automotive sector (11), aviation (6), chemicals (9), energy & utilities (14), high tech (9),infrastructure (11) and renewable energy (9). 84% of the companies that responded haverevenues over $10 billion and the remaining 16% have revenues from $2 billion to $10 billion.The respondents included directors, vice-presidents and other senior executives. All interviews were conducted by telephone and the responses were tabulated on a Likert scale of 1-5, where 5 indicates high intensity and 1 low intensity.PwC is grateful to all the respondents for their contributions to this rst global survey. We wouldalso like to thank our local PwC teams and partners for their insightful guidance throughout thisproject.
Sustainable Materials Management
3

Activity (4)

You've already reviewed this. Edit your review.
1 thousand reads
1 hundred reads
ludeme liked this

You're Reading a Free Preview

Download
/*********** DO NOT ALTER ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE ! ************/ var s_code=s.t();if(s_code)document.write(s_code)//-->