Welcome to Scribd, the world's digital library. Read, publish, and share books and documents. See more
Download
Standard view
Full view
of .
Look up keyword
Like this
2Activity
0 of .
Results for:
No results containing your search query
P. 1
OccupyBoston GA Minutes 1-8-2011

OccupyBoston GA Minutes 1-8-2011

Ratings: (0)|Views: 394 |Likes:
Published by TheRealKeori
Minutes from 1716 to 1925 at Occupy Boston General Assembly, in Community Church, Boston, MA on 1/8/2011
Minutes from 1716 to 1925 at Occupy Boston General Assembly, in Community Church, Boston, MA on 1/8/2011

More info:

Categories:Topics, Art & Design
Published by: TheRealKeori on Jan 09, 2012
Copyright:Attribution Non-commercial

Availability:

Read on Scribd mobile: iPhone, iPad and Android.
download as PDF, TXT or read online from Scribd
See more
See less

01/09/2012

pdf

text

original

 
GA begins 1716Facilitators tonight are David and Matt. Keori is notetaker. @axb21 is livetweeting on@DeweyGA. David and Matt go over hand signals.Working group announcements:1717: New working group forming for Mental Health Justice meeting Saturday at 1400,will be on calendar.1720: Rachel from Community Wellness Monday at E5 at 1630 open forum regardingsafety proposal.1720: FSU announces upcoming classes. Friday the 13
th
at 1500 at St. Paul’s Cathedral isa class on how to start a nonprofit. Sunday the 15
th
1300 at E5 there is a talk on “gettingthings straight on Iraq.” What’s going on in Iraq post-US “withdrawal.” FSU is starting aregular radio hour on OB Radio starting on the 18
th
. First guest 7-8 pm, Barry Friedman,Prof of Econ at UMASS Amherst. FSU WG meeting Friday Jan 13
th
from 1500-1700470 Atlantic Ave in community room.1724: Faith and Spirituality asks for 30 seconds silence to center.1725: InterOccupy talks about two national movements. #J17 (OccupyDC,OccupyCongress) has asked for OB involvement in Washington, D.C. If anyone wants to be involved, please emailinteroccupy@occupyboston.org. Farhad and Matthew can helpyou get hooked in. OWS is coming to Boston 1/27-2/1 on a road trip. Friday 7 pm E5 isthe normal InterOccupy WG mtg time.1728: Sexual Assault Awareness WG forming, meeting Sat 1/21, time and location TBA.1728: Jay from OB Signs. Signs sent a bunch of stuff to OccupyThePrimaries, there is physical presence there now. OB Signs is in need of donations so they can stop usingGeneral Fund/Stipend money. Twitter account and FB accounts, pics are on the Wiki.Asking for photos of signs and events.1730: Jay continues from Screenprint Guild. Asking for donations to become self-sufficient and eventually be able to put money back into the General Fund. OWSscreenprint guild came up here and it’s been a big hit. Please donate fabric, t-shirts.1731: Jay continues from Spaces WG. We are looking for physical locations to replaceDewey as a home base. Next meeting at E5 at 1730 on Wednesday, will discuss potential properties, and how to best finance that. See Jay or Greg with questions.1732: Consensus WG (Anthony) had its first WG mtg today at noon at Cityplace. Gooddiscussion, still getting ramped up on Wiki, no next mtg date/time yet. Email isconsensus@occupyboston.org
 
, twitter is @obconsensus.1733: David from OEB up. OEB consented to a proposal against expedited deportations, bringing it to OB. David working with Kade from ACLU on it, and it looks good.Original one already posted on wiki, if latest version with amendments not on wiki, itwill be shortly. Friday 1/13 at 1730 is next mtg at E5. CityLife/Vida Urbana explanation.Meetings are at 1800 at 28 Harris Street. Meetings are open. Speakout on Wednesday at 1 pm in front of City Hall to protest proposed bills affecting illegal foreclosure victims. If you live in a bldg, and it’s being foreclosed on. On the 14
th
CL needs people to canvass in
 
front of houses being foreclosed upon. Meeting place is Dunkin Donuts 524 Broadway at10 am in Everett.1737: Jorge for Facilitation WG. DA is presenting at St. Paul’s 1/9 1800-2030.Facilitation meets every Tuesday-Fri at Cityplace. GA Tuesday is 135 Boylston atEmmanuel.1738: FAWG announces that at Jan 26
th
FAWG will have a 90-minute major accountingof finances. Also, anti-oppression WG announces that on Saturday 1/14 from 1200-1500Linda Stout will do a visioning session.Individual announcements:1740: Zach: Reading group meeting on 1/14 1300-1500 South Station mezzanine mtg1740: Mike talks about Oakland’s “Fuck the Police” march against police brutality andmisconduct. Cops in full riot gear reacted as expected, ran protesters down with vehicles,sent people to hospital. Anyone who wants to push for action against OPD, see Mike for contact info.1741: Back at Dewey Dennis taught at FSU on anarchism, psychology, and the law, andthe underpinnings of anarchist theory in OB’s structure. He would like to start thoseclasses again. Anyone interested please see Dennis or emaildenfox@gmail.com 1743: Jennifer up, talking about three strikes law, asks ppl to please call their statesenators and reps and email, tell them to not vote for it, that you support the Black andLatino caucus in voting against the bill. There will be an action this week, listed on blackstonian.com. David speaks in support of OTH and OEB in this action. OB has aresponsibility to stand with OEB and OTH against this racist law. Anna has POI; we’vealready done actions against this, we can do this again.1745: Anna announces that she can help do tech support re: email list admin stuff.1746: Mark and Justin are starting a new WG for the intention of raising publicawareness about the Occupy movement’s positions on issues. Possible names are GuerillaInformation, Eggs of Knowledge. Meet 1530 Saturday at CityPlace.1746: Trisha has stress relievers for people who need them during tonight’s GA.1747: Bradley and Noah and others have put together a proposal to plan action summits.Forming a WG around a weekly mtg for action planning. SPAA (strategic political actionassembly). First mtg is soon, TBA.1748: Bil Lewis announces the appearance of the elephant at OccupyThePrimary, askingfor anyone going back up to NH to please carry some stuff back up that way.Proposal prioritization:Three new proposals.1750: Anastasia summarizes her proposal. Women have been threatened at OB. Solution:strong acknowledgement of obvious, that OB does not support. Asking for a resolutionagainst sexual violence.1751: Carlos from Peace Nobel Nomination WG proposes that American people benominated for Nobel Peace Prize (notetaker note: hard to understand, something to dowith Ron Paul? Is this meant to be ironic?).
 
1752: Andy from Citizens United WG announces that on Jan 20
th
in conjunction withanniversary of Citizens United decision, actions will be happening nationwide. Proposalto express solidarity and for GA to endorse those actions.1755: Prioritization votes: after rollovers, Anastasia’ proposal first, then Citizens United proposal, then Carlos’ proposal.1756: Matt explains proposal process1757: Tonight’s first rollover (Sarah’s safety proposal) is a bit different; it’s already beenamended, so first proposal will be read as its most recent iteration. Other rollovers onstack are the ad hoc SPAA group to eliminate one GA per week, FAWG’s proposal onstipends, Will’s proposal re: decision-making.1759: Marty brings us through visualization exercise to center before the safety proposal.1802: Matt: in the interests of facilitating this proposal, we wanted to have both a manand a woman, but no one was ready. We apologize.1803: Sarah is up with safety/SAA proposal. Lots of amendments, lots of work on it.Wanted to let it be known that the second part taken out is not gone or tabled, but will bea separate proposal. Was not meant to be a divisive proposal, but it became that. Glad tohave started the conversation, it needs to be continued. Hoping to use this to come to better understanding of everyone in community.1805: Sarah reads Sexual Assault Awareness proposal. [link on wiki]1807: Matt announces 15 minute breakout. Jorge raises point of process, that no other  proposal has ever been through 3 rounds of amendments. Matt says that we have notagreed on 3
rd
round. Some confusion, GA will enter the breakout session.1809: Request for Faith and Spirituality to come back for another centering exercise after  breakouts.1810: POI from Greg: Dan has always been a facilitator, seeing him as a proposer isweird and unsettling. Dan announces that he has not been facilitating lately so as to nothave a perceived conflict of interest. Sarah POI: Dan has not been offering anyamendments to proposal.1811: CQ: can we have copies of proposal? No, the printer is not here. Proposers willmake themselves available to breakout groups for questions.1812: POI: there is a 24 hr Kinko’s nearby.1812: Medic announces availability for psych first aid.

Activity (2)

You've already reviewed this. Edit your review.
1 thousand reads
1 hundred reads

You're Reading a Free Preview

Download
scribd
/*********** DO NOT ALTER ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE ! ************/ var s_code=s.t();if(s_code)document.write(s_code)//-->