Characters:The Dunphy FamilyClaire
– Late 30s, uptight suburban mom, tries to makeeveryday special for her kids, needs control.
- Late 30s, real estate agent, upbeat, goofy, thinkshe’s cooler than he is.
- 16, social, fashion-conscious, rebellious, has a wild streak.
- 13, (girl), smart, cynical, insightful for her age.
- 10, immature, simple, not the brightest bulb.
The Pritchett–Delgado FamilyJay
- 60s, successful businessman, divorced. Recentlymarried Gloria, struggles to stay “young” for her.
- 30s, Hispanic, beautiful, strong, quick-tempered.Protective mother. Divorced six years ago.
- 12ish, Gloria’s son - Jay’s stepson. Old soul,sensitive, passionate, a young romantic.
Mitchell & Cameron’s Family Mitchell
- Mid-to-late 30s, dentist, gay, emotionallyrestrained, worrier.
- Mid-30s, gay, free with emotions, lives in themoment, surprisingly strong.
- Baby girl, adopted from Vietnam.