Influences: run game, blocking schemes,option football I formation, Offensive centertechniques.
(George O’Leary &Ralph Friedgen)
spontaneous back, multiplepackages to attack defenses, offens i ve
blocking schemes “defensive scheme.”
passing game, quarterbackskills, and development, shot-gun forma-tion and packages.
(Jack Bicknell, Formerly ofBoston College)
passing game – progres-sive reads, multiple sets and motions, oneback offense.
(Mike Kruczek and Shaun Becton)
passing: crossing game,mesh game, distribution and replacementconcept. Defensive concept.
(Nick Saban and Jimbo Fisher)
pass and run balance, pack-aging an offense, universal pass routes.Defensive package and schemes.
(Wes Chandler andJim Harbaugh)
I n f l u e n c e s :
quarterback, receivingtechniques, skill development drills. Off-season specific position training.
Philosophy of Bucs Offense
• Run the ball when we want to.• Pass the ball when we want to.• Be known as a team that passes, butruns option with power package.• Feature explosive plays.• First down efficiency pass and run60/40.• Red Zone Efficiency.• Ball Security (BS) first and foremost.• Protect quarterback on blitz and vs.Eight-man front, not always ‘hot read.’• Multiple packages and motions.• Feature the best athletes.• Continue to develop the athletic millen-nium quarterback.• Constant personnel for packages andschemes.• Some groupings for situations.• Ability to release four and five receivers.• Speed, athleticism, courage requisites of‘O’.
• System that makes the quarterbackbetter.• Must be able to M.T.A. ‘Make TheAdjustment’to win.• Balance between run and pass, 200yards run, 200 yards pass (not 50 percentpass/50 percent run).• Drive defensive coaches nuts.
Mainland Bucs Spring Ready List
• Formations: primary, complimentary,package, unbalanced, heavy dink, jumps,shifts, scatters.• Motions: (every conceivable motion byposition).
• Run Game: (it must all look the same).• Option Packages: featuring blockingschemes vs. coverages.• Draws, screens and shovel packages.• Drop back pass: 70 series, 71, 73, 75,77, 3, 5, 7 step.•Action passes: (from every run action).• Bootleg game.• Waggle game.• L.A. & Reno (spring draw package).• Naked Actions.• Sprint & Roll Game.• Shot-gun & gold rush package.• Scramble package & scramble drill.• Pass concepts: progressive reads(P.S.L.).• Vs. coverages: site and route adjust-ments, mesh package w/crosses, boxpackage, triangle package, indy package.
Offensive FormationsPro Sets:
• Pro Right One. (Right) Ricky.• Pro Left One. (Left) Lucy.• + Strong, Weak, Snug.• + Ray, Len.• + Flex.• Flanker Right Left (+ above sets).• Twin right + left (+ sets [Tight end over tocalled side]).• Pair right and left (same as twin exceptx and z are in obie alig).• Big right and left (+ sets)• Dink right + left (+ sets)• Ricky (+ sets)• East (+ sets)• West (+ sets)• Cinci (+ sets)• Obie (+ sets)
•Ace Right and Left.• Cougar.• Empty and spread (+ gun).
•Trips (+ mo)+ (+ pair) (squeeze, bunchcluster).•Tulsa (squeeze, bunch, cluster).•Tampa (squeeze, bunch, cluster).•Blue•GreenGoal Line & Short yd:Robust:“Bone“Heavy“Posse“One right & left“Snug“Bulls right & left
•‘FLK” = Fly, Sail, Rocket, Crack•SP: Spontaneous back, ‘F’= Fin,Crazy, Minus•‘H’= Rip, Liz, Zapp, Tampa Mo, Tulsa Mo(Jump, Shift, Scatter)•+ Formations with built in motions•Exception: ‘stay’do not go in motion
•71, 73 = 1-3 Step (Fire)•75 = 5 Step (Cup)•75 Oklahoma (Big on Big, Backs onlinebacker’s)•77 = 7 Step (Cup)• L.A. = Slide protection (Left) backsright.• Reno = Slide protection (right) backsleft.• Max = Tight end stays in (sometimes itis build in).• Play action = Base block off any runaction.•Backs responsible for rules.•Sprint and dash right and left = reachp r o t e c t i o n .•Roll = right and left reach protection.•Boot = right and left base – reach•Waggle = right and left•Universal oc left fullback right•Gun protection backside of quarterback.
Pass Actions & ProtectionBoot Action:
OL: base – reach unless pulling•‘F’: Lead playside, block E.O.L.•‘TB” (Fake double buck oppositedirection, & block.)
•28,29 act. (rb block E.O.Lafter fake)•28,29 act/marked r + l possible herdcall for “F”•Offensive line base block
• Universal protection (Two backs & Oneback).• Center block, left gap (to First threat)• Fullback block, left gap (to First threat)• Halfback block. Backside E.O.L. or runroute.