Rajagopal CV [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Thursday, July 17, 2003 8:23 AM
Gautam Bhandari; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
You are quite near the answer in all the cases.
I have been working on this yesterday. Please find below my findings.
1. An existing Phy file's DDS has been changedWhat all steps do u take to create the new *FILE object.
For this we have to do all the steps in a CL. No RPG pgm allowed.>First As you said redirect the output of DSPDBR into a file.
>RCVF on that file and get the attached logical . (I got stuck here . I was not sure how to retrieve a DB fileusing RCVF Statement)
>Before compiling the new DDS , delete the logicals.
> Do CPYF and take backup.
> Compile the new DDS.
> Copy back the backed up file with *MAP,*DROP option
> Recompile the logicals. You will get the SDource member and library from DSPDBR output.
3. Can a call a compiled module of an RPGLE pgm which has only a main procedure ?
Yes u can call a compiled *MODULE object using CALLB. But the *MODULE object will have only HFDCOspecs . No subprocedures with P . I am just trying to code a program .i.e do CRTPGM (Mod 1, mod2, mod3, Mod4)
Mod 1 is your entry module. From Mod 1 you can do CALLB to MOD2, mod3, mod4 etc . I din know this
4. What is signature violation while running ILE programs. whats steps will u take to over come this.
This happens in 2 cases
1. Your service program has changed, you have updated the service program using UPDSRVPGM , But youhave not updated the program using UPDPGM
2. Your pgm is latest but you have forgotten to do a UPDSRVPGM
He said we can find out a Signature attached to a service program using DSP Program refernce . I did notunderstand . My fundas in ILE is so so ....
6. What is to use of MONMSG. Is EXEC param mandatory ..If EXEC is not added what will happen to the programflow