1 quart organic raw milk
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1 organic small/medium red tomato
1 \u00bd teaspoons minced fresh, organic basil, about 5 leaves
Organic extra virgin olive oil
Celtic sea salt (optional)
Organic, raw balsamic vinegar
Stir constantly to prevent scorching.
2. Add lemon juice to milk and stir several times to mix thoroughly.
3. Once milk fully separates into a clear yellow liquid (whey) and white chunky
5. Pour whey/curd mixture through a fine-mesh strainer.
6. Add enough salt to taste (optional), about1/8 tsp. Squeeze the rest of the whey
Reserve whey for another use. See note.
7. Slice tomato horizontally into \u00bc inch rounds.
8. Mix minced basil with olive oil.
9. Alternate slices of tomato with mozzarella, dribble the basil/olive oil mixture
cabinet until it turns into vinegar and use for sauces and salad dressings.
Homemade Ricotta Cheese
Yield: 1 cup
Follow mozzarella recipe through step 5, increasing lemon juice to 3 cups. Use as
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?