Name:___________________________________________________________ Score: ______
Fourth Periodical Test in English
I. Underline the adjectives used in each sentence.
1. A long narrow path led to the nipa hut.2. The exhausted runner fell.3. The exhibit of the Department is now open to the public .4. The Philippine flag waved in the breeze.
5. In the Quezon Memorial Circle, you could find a list of Quezon’s
Achievements during his term as Philippine President.
II. A. In each sentence, circle the adjective that describesthe underlined noun.
1. Leroy and Jenna walked up to an old castle.2. Maddie put the golden key in the lock.3. Today is the fifth day of January.4. The baby birds flew from the nest.5. Joe's truck has a flat tire.
II.B. Circle the adjective in each sentence. Underline thenoun that it describes.
6. I am holding a marker in my left hand.7. Patricia played beautiful music on her guitar.8. Has anyone read Caitlyn's latest story?9. The sly fox outsmarted the chicken.10. Miguel ordered a large Coke.
III. Choose the correct words in parenthesis to complete each sentence.Write the words on the line.
1. This is the ___________________________ chicken I've ever eaten.(more delicious, most delicious)2. Football is the ___________________________ sport of all.(more exciting, most exciting)3. The weather is ___________________________ today than yesterday.(more beautiful, most beautiful)4. Penny is ___________________________ than her sister.(more excited, most excited)5. That's the ___________________________ spelling word we havebeen assigned this week. (more difficult, most difficult)6. Basketball is a ___________________________ sport than fishing.(more physical, most physical)7. Winter is the ___________________________ season of all.(more wonderful, most wonderful)8. Bobby is a ___________________________ child than Jimmy.(more well-behaved, most well-behaved)
IV. Read the situations then predict a possible outcome.Character traits of the character/s in the given lines. The choices aregiven below.
1. When somebody would say that the carabao was sick due to wetnose, the farmer was not alarmed for it is normal for a carabao to have a wetnose.a. worried b. happy c. relaxed2. Poultry raisers are cost conscious. They know that one eggmeans many centavos.a. thrifty b. spendthrift c. boastful
3. “We do eat broken eggs; cracked eggs are not marketable, so weset them aside for home consumption.”
a. practical b. spendthrift c. boastful4. He would select several dozens of the very beat eggs in hispoultry and give them to me.a. thoughtful b. honest c. obedient5. He blushed growing a shade darker than his normal hue.a. ashamed b. boastful c. simple
V. Infer the general mood of expression. Write the letter of the correct answer.
1. Mrs. Santos looked at Jan, her twelve-year-old son. He wassitting by the dining room table doing his homework. He seemed to bespending more time than before on his assignments, but he did not look toohappy.a. relaxed b. worried c. unhappy
2. The man knew what was going to happen next. He thought of warning
the village people right away. “Bring me a torch!” he called his servants.
Then he ran to the rice stalks behind his home which was harvested fromhis field. In a few minutes the stalks were on fire. The people saw the bigfire.a. relaxed b. worried c. unhappy