Stoppage of Play
• Unintentional Disconnection: One player losing connection to the game due to problems or issues
with the game client, platform, network, or PC.
• Game Leaving/Intentional Disconnection: One player losing connection to the game due toplayer’s actions (i.e. quitting the game).
• Server Crash: Multiple players losing connection due to an issue with a server or platf
orm.Stoppage of Play Procedure/Pause Rules:
• A player, who is experiences technical issues, on any team may call for a game restart prior to first
blood within the first 5 minutes of the game (i.e. before the timer shows 5:00). The player must beexperiencing a hardware malfunction (e.g. monitor, peripheral, etc), a physical disruption (e.g. faninterference, table or chair breakage), or a configuration issues (e.g. runes, masteries, or summonerspells are not properly applied). The player must declare the issue in public chat or to a tournamentadministrator and then intentionally disconnect. Once the player disconnects, the game is considerednull and void and should be restarted unless a tournament administrator determines that the conductrepresents unfair play. If the game is being played on a Tournament Realm, then the Pause Rules apply(see below)
• If an unintentional disconnection occurs within 5 minutes from the start of the match & before first
a player’s client crashes or fails to loa
d after champion selection, then the match must berestarted. Otherwise if the unintentional disconnection occurs after those milestones, the game willcontinue as normal. The crashed player may reconnect into the game as soon as they are able. If thegame is being played on a Tournament Realm, then the Pause Rules apply (see below).
• If a player intentionally disconnects without specifying a reason, then the game will continue as
• If a server crash occurs, then the tournament director or head ref
eree will decide either between (a)restarting the game or (b) awarding the game to one of the teams. As a guideline, a game victory willonly be awarded in a situation where one team was on the verge of certain defeat (e.g. A nexus wasabout to be destroyed). If the game is being played on a Tournament Realm, then the Pause Rules apply(see below).Pause (Tournament Realm Only):Pause is a tool that is used by major tournaments held on the tournament realm to ensure that technicaldifficulties with tournament hardware or servers do not impact the results of the tournament.