Welcome to Scribd. Sign in or start your free trial to enjoy unlimited e-books, audiobooks & documents.Find out more
Standard view
Full view
of .
Look up keyword
Like this
0 of .
Results for:
No results containing your search query
P. 1
Min_April 11 Minutes

Min_April 11 Minutes

|Views: 4|Likes:
Published by Jill Knoke-Staggs
UTK SIS ASIS&T April 2012 Meeting Minutes
UTK SIS ASIS&T April 2012 Meeting Minutes

More info:

Categories:Types, Research
Published by: Jill Knoke-Staggs on Apr 24, 2012
Copyright:Attribution Non-commercial


Read on Scribd mobile: iPhone, iPad and Android.
download as DOCX, PDF, TXT or read online from Scribd
See more
See less





ASIS&T Student Group Meeting Minutes
Location: Blackboard Collaborate
In attendance:
Reid BoehmLaura CreekmoreJill Knoke-StaggsCaroline Mann
1. Planned Agenda:a. Introductions and speakerb. Article discussionc. Election of chair positions for 2012-13 academic yeard. Additional questions and brainstorming for future activities
The meeting convened at 4:00 pm.Reid called the meeting to order and a discussion ensued on the topic of raising awareness of theASIS&T Student Group in the UT SIS. Due to low attendance in the meeting, the official agendawas disregarded for this session.Those in attendance discussed several options for increasing student interest and involvement inthe group during the next academic year.
Making a concerted effort during Orientation for the 2012-13 year to introduce incomingand returning students to ASIS&T and to the student group at the UT SIS. In addition to
the brief officers’ speeches that are traditionally made to incoming students,
a studentgroup interest fair was proposed. Coordination with SIS administration, faculty and otherstudent group leaders will be required. Caroline will contact these groups to involve themin planning a joint interest fair at a time TBD, but close to Orientation.
Investigating technologies available to incorporate DE and on-campus students into theASIS&T student group. The importance of building a sense of inclusion among DEstudents was emphasized. Laura will talk to Cindy Lancaster about gaining updatingprivileges to the ASIS&T page on the SIS website.
A coordinated, distributed service project was proposed to help build a sense ofcommunity among all SIS students. The ASIS&T student group proposes to organize aservice event to take place on a single day yet geographically dispersed to allow DEstudents to participate along with on-campus students. Jill will look for a likely serviceproject that can be performed
by any interested SIS student regardless of the student’s
The need for a standing meeting was discussed. Monthly meetings will help sustaininterest and involvement in this student group and can build a strong network ofcolleagues among students.
Plans for activities in the Fall term include a meeting to incorporate thi
s meeting’s agenda
(article discussion and speaker) and a discussion of the 2012 ASIS&T conference inBaltimore.
A motion was made by Laura to approve the entire slate of officers as nominated.Caroline seconded, and the motion carried. Laura Creekmore was voted in as President,

You're Reading a Free Preview

/*********** DO NOT ALTER ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE ! ************/ var s_code=s.t();if(s_code)document.write(s_code)//-->