Welcome to Scribd, the world's digital library. Read, publish, and share books and documents. See more
Standard view
Full view
of .
Look up keyword
Like this
0 of .
Results for:
No results containing your search query
P. 1
Health and Safety News 1 May 2012

Health and Safety News 1 May 2012

Ratings: (0)|Views: 17 |Likes:
Published by Marcus

More info:

Published by: Marcus on May 01, 2012
Copyright:Attribution Non-commercial


Read on Scribd mobile: iPhone, iPad and Android.
download as PDF, TXT or read online from Scribd
See more
See less





Find papers or people
Start your paper 
sign up / log insign up / log inTuesday, May. 01, 2012
Next update in about 22 hoursSee all articles
Health and Safety News
Published byMarcus– 32 news spotters today
Construction firm fined for repeatedly ignoring safetywarnings
healthsafety.jigsy.com- A construction company has been fined for continuing unsafe working practices at a site in Upper Norwood,Croydon, after repeatedly ignoring safety warnings. The Health andSafety Executive (HSE) i...HealthSafety
Dorset builder ignoredasbestos risks
healthsafety.jigsy.com- A self-employed builder has been finedfor demolishing a building withoutfirst carrying out an asbestossurvey. Stuart Pearson, of Verwood, Dorset, was prosecutedby the Health and SafetyExecutiv...HealthSafety
St Helens steel firm finedover worker's injuries
healthsafety.jigsy.com- A StHelens steel manufacturer hasbeen sentenced after a worker suffered serious injuries to his lefthand when it was pulled intomachinery. Hi Tech Steel ServicesLtd. wasprosecuted by the Heal...HealthSafety
Veolia fined after agencyworker sustained seriousburns
healthsafety.jigsy.com- Wastemanagement provider VeoliaEnvironmental Services has beenfined after an agency worker wasseriously burned by hot ash at anincineration depot in Deptford. Theemployee sustained 17 per cen...HealthSafety
Builder's work on chimneyput family at risk
healthsafety.jigsy.com- A familywas exposed to deadly carbonmonoxide fumes after buildingwork on a chimney caused ablockage in a flue. Builder WayneMarshall had been engaged tocarry out repairs to a jointchimney by...HealthSafety
created 12 months ago
‘Avery’s Bucket List’: AFive-Month Oldwith an Incurable Disease Gets BusyLiving | NewsFeedPublished onSalusSecurity software tie-up for national labPublished onUtility Industry News & Other Stuff 
Join the conversation
See all
See allFarming partnership fined after two workersseverely injured
healthsafety.jigsy.com- A Montrose farmingpartnership has been fined after two agriculturalworkers were severely injured when a telescopichandler went out of control, fell down a steep bank
See all
Health and Safety News 30 April 2012Hepatitis C- NeedlestickInjuries -- ANurse's Story'MPs on Working Well.m4vWorkSafe Awards 2011Winner: CJM Attachments BCLive April 2012.wmvThe ObedienceExperiment: Ashocking
HealthSafetyDorset contractor sentenced overworker deathbit.ly/JBCKPz @demolitionnews
11 minutes ago·reply·retweet·favorite
CR_UK Have you heard about Phil Purdy? He isattempting to reach the summit of #Everesttoraise £135,000 for our work:bit.ly/IRLj93
14 minutes ago·reply·retweet·favorite
HealthSafetyI received +K in training from 
converted by Web2PDFConvert.com
Company prosecuted after worker suffers electric shock
healthsafety.jigsy.com- A coating and treatment company with premises in Swavesey, Cambridgeshire hasbeen fined for safety failings after an employee suffered an electric shock. He received an electric shock whilstcheck...HealthSafety
Egg firm fined after worker's fingers cut off 
healthsafety.jigsy.com- A Worcestershire egg company has been fined after a worker severed two fingers whilecleaning a drain on a production line. The 25 year-old employee lost part of his index and middle fingers onhis...HealthSafety
Recycling firm fined for subjecting workers to lead poisoning
healthsafety.jigsy.com- An Edmonton-based recycling company has been fined for failing to protect employeesworking with lead. Metal and Waste Recycling Ltd., of Albert Works, Kenninghall Rd, Edmonton had boughtand was s...HealthSafety
See allHealth and Safety Report - Volume 10, Issue 4
ccohs.ca- People have a right to be safe at work, and be free to live out their lives without illness or injurycaused by the job they do or where they work. In the next few days, awareness and the importanc...CCOHS
Toolkit Aids in Hiring Veterans -- Occupational Health & Safety
ohsonline.com- Toolkit Aids in Hiring Veterans It includes definitions for military-connected talent: veterans,guard, reservists, spouses, and other supporting family members. A free toolkit to help civilian emp...OccHealthSafety
WorkSafe blitz hits Ballarat - WorkSafe Victoria
worksafe.vic.gov.au- 30 April 2012 Ballarat businesses that place workers at risk by failing to address healthand safety issues will be the target of a week-long WorkSafe inspector campaign, beginning today.About 200...WorkSafe_Vic
See allAIHA - American Industrial Hygiene Association
aiha.org- Posted April 25, 2012 Increased procedural requirements, shifting priorities, and a rigorous standardof judicial review are all factors that add time to OSHA’s lengthy standard-setting process, ac... AIHA
Should Dow Get a Veto Over Government Scientists?
huffingtonpost.com- A relatively obscure Congressional hearing on Tuesday became a flashpoint in a veryimportant conflict: the attempt by the chemical industry -- led by Dow Chemical -- to gain a veto over the worko...SaferChemicals
NFPA Offers Home Safety Tips -- Occupational Health & Safety
ohsonline.com- Get Ready for Wildfire Season: NFPA Offers Home Safety Tips“The unusually dry and windy weather at this time of year means that wildfirespose a greater threat to individual properties and neighbo...and came to rest at the top ...HealthSafety
Fire at N.H. Pellet Mill Leads to $147,000Fine -- Occupational Health & Safety
ohsonline.com- Fire at N.H. Pellet Mill Leads to$147,000 Fine The fire, which started in the pelletmill, was transported through several conveyingsystems to a pellet cooler and then to a dustcollector, and ca...OccHealthSafety
Brazil road pile-up leaves two dead
newssafety.org- 27 Apr 2012Journalist Casualties:2Media Staff Casualties: 0Under Investigation: 0Twopeople were killed and seven others injured Fridaywhen a truck slammed into press and police vehicleson a hig...newssafety
See allFairground ride operator fined after worker injured
healthsafety.jigsy.com- A fairground ride operator hasbeen fined after a worker was thrown from a rideduring the 2010 May Bank Holiday fair in BarnardCastle. On 31 May 2010, Martin Brown, 17, fromThirsk, North Yorkshi...HealthSafety
Unregistered gas installer put lives at risk
healthsafety.jigsy.com- An unregistered gas fitter hasbeen prosecuted for illegally carrying out work on ahouse in Hucknall, putting residents' lives at risk.Robert Metcalf, 54, installed a new gas boiler at theLong H...HealthSafety
converted by Web2PDFConvert.com
See allChurch fined after worker paralysed in fall
healthsafety.jigsy.com- A church council in South Kensington has been prosecuted for safety failings after aself-employed joiner was left paralysed when he fell from the balcony of St Paul's church in Onslow Square.The ...HealthSafety
Ipswich gas engineer fined for illegal work
healthsafety.jigsy.com- A self-employed gas engineer has been fined for carrying out unregistered work oncommercial premises in Ipswich. Duncan Frere, 37, of Wilkinson Drive, Ipswich was hired between May andJune 2010 t...HealthSafety
Corporate manslaughter – four years on and just one prosecution
publicservice.co.uk- 30 April 2012 By Jonathan GrimesInexperienced policeinvestigators and a lack of police power to enter premises both pose difficultieswhen it comes to prosecutions under corporate manslaughter law...BritSafe
Unregistered gas installer prosecuted -Health and Safety News
healthsafety.jigsy.com- An unregistered gas installer was caught illegally carrying out work on a house inNewark. Mr Phillip Birchmore, trading as PSBPlumbing and Heating, capped off a gas supply at theproperty in Augu...HealthSafety
Read this paper 
See allCOSHH FAQ’s – What you need to know «Asbestos News – asbestos industry news –removal, surveying, waste
asbestosindustrynews.co.uk- Redhills is one of theUK’s leading asbestos and environmentalconsultancies. We have produced this document toanswer the following asbestos related questions.What is a substance hazardous to hea...UK_AsbestosNews
Revealed: FSA food hygiene ratings inNorth Wales – with interactive maps – DailyPost North Wales
safetyphoto.co.uk- http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&fd=R&usg=AFQjCNHnm40OUdJHqGsKC3xG-QNbNw1EXg&url=http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/2012/04/30/revealed-fsa-food-hygiene-ratings-in-north-wales-wit...safetyphoto
Stag Hotel on fire in Watsonville – San JoseMercury News
safetyphoto.co.uk- http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&fd=R&usg=AFQjCNGCCzyl1qjMPIhYxU6ypQrvbYsOVQ&url=http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_20515905/structure-fire-reported-watsonville(UPDATED AT 9:45 p.m.) ...safetyphoto
Read this paper 
See allCOSHH FAQ’s – What you need to know « Asbestos News –asbestos industry news – removal, surveying, waste
asbestosindustrynews.co.uk- Redhills is one of the UK’s leading asbestos andenvironmental consultancies. We have produced this document to answer thefollowing asbestos related questions. What is a substance hazardous to hea...UK_AsbestosNews
$322M Verdict in Mississippi Asbestos Suit Overturned
claimsjournal.com- An asbestos lawsuit that once resulted in a $322 million verdict for a Mississippi man hasturned in favor of the company he sued. Thomas Brown’s lawyers had called the verdict last year the larges...HAZMATPlans
converted by Web2PDFConvert.com

You're Reading a Free Preview

/*********** DO NOT ALTER ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE ! ************/ var s_code=s.t();if(s_code)document.write(s_code)//-->