Welcome to Scribd, the world's digital library. Read, publish, and share books and documents. See more
Download
Standard view
Full view
of .
Look up keyword
Like this
3Activity
0 of .
Results for:
No results containing your search query
P. 1
Report on Granite

Report on Granite

Ratings: (0)|Views: 258|Likes:
Published by dsreddy1234

More info:

Published by: dsreddy1234 on May 28, 2012
Copyright:Attribution Non-commercial

Availability:

Read on Scribd mobile: iPhone, iPad and Android.
download as DOCX, PDF, TXT or read online from Scribd
See more
See less

11/07/2012

pdf

text

original

 
 
A Feasibility Report on Granite Cutting & Polishing Plant
 
PROJECT AT A GLANCE1 NAME OF THE UNIT XXXX GRANITE2 TYPE OF PROJECT MINERAL BASED3 SECTOR SMALL4 CONSTITUTION PROPRIETORSHIP5 LINE OF ACTIVITY CUTTING ANDPOLISHING OF GRANITE BOULDERS6 INSTALLED CAPACITY 1.20.000 Sq,Ft Per Annum7 UTILISATION CAPACITY @ 60% 84,000 Sq,Ft Per Annum8 NAME AND ADDRESS OF ENTERPRENEUR DURGA RAOHAYATH NAGR ,HYDERABAD
 –
5000809 TOTAL PROJECT COST10 COST OF PRODUCTION PER ANNUM11 SALES REVENUE PER ANNUM12 NET PROFIT PER ANNUM BEFORE TAX13 NET PROFIT RATIO14 RATE OF RETUN ON INVESTMENT15 BREAK EVEN POINT
 
 
A Feasibility Report on Granite Cutting & Polishing Plant
 
INTRODUCTION
 
 
A Feasibility Report on Granite Cutting & Polishing Plant
 
INTRODUCTION
G
ranite technically refers to a light-coloured granulose plutonic rock composedof felspars, plagioclase, quartz (felsic minerals) and minor amountsof mafic minerals,such as biotite, hornblende, pyroxene, iron oxides, etc. But, in the commercialparlance, the term granite has become synonymous with allthose crystalline rockswhich have pleasing colours, strength to bear the processes of quarrying and cutting& polishing and are used commonly for decorative purposes. Beingmore resistant towear and tear as well as weathering, granite is most sought-after stone tobe used as building as well as decorative stone. The fascination for granite is dueto its takingmirror-like polish, high compressive strength, longevity and beauty. Indiapossessesenormous deposits of all types of dimension stones. It is one of the largestproducersof dimension stones in the world.The dimension stone industry employs over onemillion workforce. This industry playsa vital role in the economy of states like TamilNadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka andRajasthan.Rural economy of manydevelopingstates like Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Orissa and North-Eastern States isdependent on this industry.The granite used for decorative purposes isa costly material in comparison with othermaterials. Hence, its utilisation and trade withinthe country has been at a low profilecompared with the exports. With the emergence of therich middle class and spurt inconstruction activity, the internal trade is on the rise.Althoughgranite is a minor mineral, it is a major contributor in foreign exchangeearnings.India is the second largest exporter of raw granite after China and ahead of Brazil andSouth Africa. India ranked fifth in the export of processed (value addedfinished)product.
RESOURCES.
India is endowed with abundant resources of a wide variety of granite. As on1.4.2005, resources of granite dimension stone of all typesare estimated at 37,426million cubic metres. Of these resources, 1,130 million cubicmetres (about 3%) fallin reserves category while remaining 36,296 million cubic metres orabout 97% fall inresources category.Gradewise classification reveals thatabout 8% resources fall underblack granitewhile 91% under coloured granite. About 1% reserves and resources are of unclassified grade.Under reserve category, about 23 million cubicmetres of all grades fall under provedcategory while 1,162 million cubic metres fall underprobable category.Statewise breakup of resources reveals that Karnataka with about 25%resourcesisleading followed by Jharkhand (24%), Rajasthan (23%), Andhra Pradesh(6%),Madhya Pradesh (5%) and Orissa (5%) which together accounted for 88%resources.With regards to reserves, about 93% reserves are located in Madhya Pradesh(86%)and Orissa (7%).

You're Reading a Free Preview

Download
scribd
/*********** DO NOT ALTER ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE ! ************/ var s_code=s.t();if(s_code)document.write(s_code)//-->