Welcome to Scribd, the world's digital library. Read, publish, and share books and documents. See more
Download
Standard view
Full view
of .
Look up keyword
Like this
2Activity
0 of .
Results for:
No results containing your search query
P. 1
xoops foundation minutes of 2007 year xoops foundation meeting

xoops foundation minutes of 2007 year xoops foundation meeting

Ratings: (0)|Views: 34|Likes:
Published by xoops

More info:

Published by: xoops on Dec 31, 2007
Copyright:Attribution Non-commercial

Availability:

Read on Scribd mobile: iPhone, iPad and Android.
download as PDF, TXT or read online from Scribd
See more
See less

09/06/2012

pdf

text

original

 
Minutes of the Year Meeting 2007 of the XOOPS Foundation
Date: August 12 2007Time : 7 PM GMT
Attending:
Herko Coomans (chairman, acting treasurer)
Marc-Andre Lanciault (secretary)
David (alias used as per request)
Not attending with notice
Skalpa Keo (alias used as per request)
0. Opening by the chairman
Herko welcomes us all :-)
1. Agenda
The agenda sent by Herko is accepted :0.Opening by the chairman1.Agenda2.Year report 20063.Status of assets in 20074.New XOOPS webservers and hosting1.migration details2.Community websites on the XOOPS servers (Prop. David)3.OpenID server (proposal David)5.Funding: incoming and outgoing1.Sponsorship (prop. David)2.Additional revenu rathering (prop. David)6.Communications and marketing1.Communications from the Foundation (David)2.Organising a conference in 2008 (proposal Marc-Andre)7.The Future of the XOOPS Foundation1.Board2.Activities8.What is brought to the table9.Closing
2. Year report 2006
The XOOPS Foundation 2006 report is approved (XOOPS_Foundation_2006_year_report.pdf)
3. Status of assets in 2007
Herko mentions we are currently paying for 2 servers at Surpass Hosting, which we are notusing yet. We have a deal with James Morris for the migration but Herko needs to check onJames to know when it will happen.Herko mentions we have move to textlinkads.com which generates about 2200 $ per months.At the moment we have approximatly in the bank account :
13 000 Euros
4 000 USD
700 Euros in the PayPal account
 
Herko explains the status of the XOOPS trademark rights which are approved or pending inmany countries (see the 2006 year report). We still have a problem within USA where it willprobably require more expense. More info to come.
4. New XOOPS webservers and hosting
1.migration detailsWe need a status report from DJ about the migration. Marcan will do that and Herko will ask astatus report to James2.Community websites on the XOOPS servers (Prop. David)Marcan asks to summarize what is XoopsInfo, which David does.David brings a point about using the Foundation dedicated servers to host other communitysitea like xoopsinfo, addons or other international support sites. The overall idea would be toassist teams of people who wish to work together with both the Foundation and Official sites tobenefit the project and its users ... but may not have the resources to do this themselves.The site would be accepted if the Foundation believes they:a- serve and represent the project in a suitable and useful mannerb - have a team structure which will ensure the successful management of the site... and alsothe survival of the site, with any possible future team changesHerko mentions that if we do that, we need to document what are the guidelines to accept orreject a site.Marcan expresses his concerns about hosting too many other sites. More sites means morepossible problem, more ressorce usage, less bandwidth, etc... Herko mentions we can offer apackage with limits. Everyone agrees.Also, it is accepted that 50% of the income generated by a site hosted by the Foundationneeds to be reinvested in the site itself.According to these discussions, David will prepare a package proposition we can offer thecommunity3.OpenID server (proposal David)This is a proposal of Tom Black, brought forward by David. Basically, it's to have our ownOpenID server to which all XOOPS sites could have access.Marcan mentions we need to talk with Pemen about that as he as manifested interest in theopenid topic.Herko mentions we need to discuss this with the Core Development Team, and it needs to be aproject that comes from the Community. The Foundation is willing to help in any way it can.Marcan will talk to pemen to ask if he is interested. David will tlk to Tom.
5. Funding: incoming and outgoing
1.Sponsorship (prop. David)David brought the idea of sponsoring some code development for features the project reallyneeds. Herko manifests his disagreement with paying someone to get code done. Marcan
 
agrees with Herko.Marcan mentions that we should use the Foundation ressources to organize events, contests,codefest, module of the month, theme of the month, etc... The idea is to invest ressources inthings that would help good code to be developed. Herko and David agrees.Marcan mentions he will be attending a CodeFest in Montreal in a few weeks which goal is toimplement OpenID in different open source CMS. Marcan says he will get back with some ideasfor the Foundation on how we could organize such an event.2.Additional revenue gathering (prop. David)A suggestion has been made (by Tom) about providing assorted items for users to buy, whichcould be used as a revenue gathering aid. Example t-shirts etc.Tom has offered his services onthis side. We all agree. David will get back to Tom to see how we could make that happen.
6. Communications and marketing
1.Communications from the Foundation (David)David explains that we need to communicate as a Foundation. It was only Herko in the past.This need to be changed. We need to publish articles about what we do, about what is theFoundation, reports, etc...Marcan mentions we need to use every occasion we have to remind the people the Foundationis there to help, and how.It is agreed that we will publish regular articles about the Foundation. We will take turns intowriting it. Herko will do the first one.2.Organising a conference in 2008 (proposal Marc-Andre)Marcan mentions he is in the process of organising an international conference in 2008 inMontreal. The conference will be about Open Source Content Management system. Marcanasks the Board members if the Foundation would be interested in participating in such anevent.Herko mentions it is definatly one of the Foundation purpose to help those events. Hementions we need to do a call for ideas about how the Foundation should be a part of thisproject.Marcan has a meeting in 2 weeks with the people involved so he will get back to theFoundation to see how it can be involved.
7. The Future of the XOOPS Foundation
Herko explains we need to think about the future of the Foundation : who will be on board,and what it will acomplish.Marcan mentions that if we want to make things move forward, we need to meet in an officialmeeting on a regular basis. It is agreed that we shall meet every month for the next couple of months.1.BoardWe need to define who are the best people to help the Foundation, wheter as board membersor as agents or consultants. In order to find this. We first need to define the activities of the

Activity (2)

You've already reviewed this. Edit your review.
1 thousand reads
1 hundred reads

You're Reading a Free Preview

Download
scribd
/*********** DO NOT ALTER ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE ! ************/ var s_code=s.t();if(s_code)document.write(s_code)//-->