Welcome to Scribd, the world's digital library. Read, publish, and share books and documents. See more
Standard view
Full view
of .
Look up keyword
Like this
0 of .
Results for:
No results containing your search query
P. 1
Torchbearer NGB Nomination Process_180711_Final

Torchbearer NGB Nomination Process_180711_Final

Ratings: (0)|Views: 2|Likes:
Published by Help Me Investigate

More info:

Published by: Help Me Investigate on Jun 02, 2012
Copyright:Attribution Non-commercial


Read on Scribd mobile: iPhone, iPad and Android.
download as PDF, TXT or read online from Scribd
See more
See less





Torchbearer Nomination Process
On 18th May 2011 LOCOG launched the 2012 Torch Relay. In total there will be 8000 Torchbearers of which90% have been allocated to the three presenting partners; Coca Cola, Lloyds and Samsung. 90% of these slotswill be allocated to the general public through each company's own public selection process. The remaining 10%has been allocated to other deserving bodies, of which the British Olympic Association is one.The Relay will begin at daybreak on 19 May in Land's End and LOCOG's focus is on youth and engaging thegeneral public across the country. 50% of the runners will be between 12 - 24 years of age and each individual willbe within 1 hours transport to the Relay route.
Each Torchbearer, regardless of the nominating organisation, must be nominated by another individual through a150 word submission demonstrating how that individual meets the Torchbearer criteria as follows;
Has inspired people to do something never thought possible
Always tries to be the best they can be
Makes a real difference in their school or local community
Has shown what it means to be a real friend
Shows respect for other people and knows the importance of fair play
A selection panel has been agreed by the
Board including; 1 BOA Board Member, the BOA CEO, Chair ofthe BOA Athletes' Commission and the Director of Olympic Relations, who will ratify all of the final nominationsreceived by the BOA.
Each NGB has 5 nominations;
3 athletes, of which 1 must be a past Olympian if applicable to that sport and 2 must be drawn from thesport's current long list. Please note one of the current long list nominations must be between 12 - 24years of age in line with LOCOG's youth focus.
2 NGB volunteers, officials and/or staff members. Please note one of the nominations must be between 12- 24 years of age in line with LOCOG's youth focus.Each nomination, whether it be for an athlete, official, volunteer or staff member, must be accompanied by a 150word submission as nominated by another individual outlining how the nominee meets the criteria as listed above.No Torchbearer is able to nominate themselves.
 We strongly urge you to seek the voice of your athlete population for your nominations.
All those NGBs which have been represented at previous summer or winter Games, must nominate 1 pastOlympian within their 3 athlete slots. The BOA has advised the Olympians Club members that should they wish tonominate another Olympian they must do so via that sport specific NGB Torchbearer Coordinator. Therefore, youmay receive these nominations from past Olympians by 15 August which we would ask you to consider.

You're Reading a Free Preview

/*********** DO NOT ALTER ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE ! ************/ var s_code=s.t();if(s_code)document.write(s_code)//-->