Huntsville Vegans JUNE Events
Events Organized by Huntsville Vegans
- Join us every Friday night at Cafe 153 at Bridge Street to drink coffee, socialize,and plan events. Our meetups begin at 6:00PM and usually last until 8:00PM.
Berry Picking Expedition
Saturday, June 2
, all day
Come with us to pick berries at E&T Farm inAlbertville.
Craft Night, Take 2
- Thursday, June 7th @ 6:00PM - Organizer Mike's house in Five Points -Help create items to sell at the Flying Monkey Artist Market to raise money to help Huntsville Vegans attend the Animal Rights National Conference in August 2012. Bring supplies, ideas, or justa willingness to help out.
Sunday, June 10
Waterford Square Apartments Recreation Center, off AirportRoad - Our theme this month is Indian Food.
Please bring a *vegan* dish to share with about 8people
. (Ready-made vegan food from Earth Fare is always welcome if you run out of time to cook!Look for the yellow tags that say Vegan in the deli section, bakery, and on the hot bar.)
Tuesday, June 12
house in 5 points, call 907-687-9379 fordirections
Change of Heart: What Psychology Can Teach Us About Spreading Social Change
by Nick Cooney. If you have not read the book, you are still welcome to attend. Weusually talk about the ideas presented by the book and have an informal discussion, so you can stilltake part in the conversation without feeling left out.
This first meeting will cover the first half of the book (Chapters 1-5).
cancelled for June, will return in July
Craft Night, Take 2
- Wednesday, June 13th @ 6:00PM - Organizer Mike's house in Five Points -Help create items to sell at the Flying Monkey Artist Market to raise money to help Huntsville Vegans attend the Animal Rights National Conference in August 2012. Bring supplies, ideas, or justa willingness to help out.
Fundraiser: Crafts Table at the Artist's Market at Lowe Mill
- Saturday, June 16th fromNoon - 4:00PM - Come help us sell crafts to raise money to attend the Animal Rights NationalConference in August 2012. You can help staff the table, donate crafts for us to sell, or just stop by and offer support.
Restaurant Smash: Sam & Greg's
- Thursday, June 21st @ 5:30PM - Join us for a fun dinnerat a local restaurant. By dining together in a large group, we'll show that there's a strong veganpresence in Huntsville and, hopefully, persuade the restaurant to offer more vegan-friendly options.
Local Events of Interest
AREA (Advocacy for the
Respect of All Earth’s Animals) –
Visit the facebook page forinformation on upcoming events: http://www.facebook.com/AREAadvocates